Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,815   Online: 1016

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I already have a National Park pass, so I will probably hit one or more of the three parks in the Sierras. I'd like to see Kings Canyon again, and one cannot go wrong with Yosemite. Unfortunately, I believe the east entrance to Yosemite is still closed in May, as are the next couple of passes north of the park. Going around last time took an extra day. So it may be a better idea to hit the parks on the way up there, rather than on the way down. I usually pitch a tent or sleep in the car to save money.
    2F, just curious are you camping during the workshop or hitting up the hotels? I've never been there and wanted to know how booked are the hotels Jim recommended during this time of the year.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Can somebody give Hugo a ride? I live in Walnut off 57 and 60 freeway. I hate to drive alone and anybody camping there? May is not bad for camping, right, Jim?
    May can be nice for camping. It's 6,000 feet elevation, so it can do most anything from snow to 80 degrees. I have snow pictures from one year in May. But it doesn't stay long then.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hugo,there is I think camping somewhere there but its much easier to stay in the motels they have in Tonopah.As far as a ride you are on the way form LA to Tonopah so I think between the three or four of us we can work out something.Asher wants to carpool and I was going to go with Per but four of us and equipment I don't think will fit in the Per-mobile,so something larger would work out fine.But once were there we need a car to get around in to the different place's.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

I've got a Ram 1500, so if anyone wants to throw their gear on the back bed then you're more than welcome to. I can meet up with you guys on the way, I live in Anaheim.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ghostcount,That may be a good idea, although we would have to shuttle the gear around.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True, but i can stick with you and Per for the duration of the workshop. I'll PM you my contact info and let me know as the day nears.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcount View Post
    2F, just curious are you camping during the workshop or hitting up the hotels? I've never been there and wanted to know how booked are the hotels Jim recommended during this time of the year.
    I haven't really thought about it yet. If there is a campground within a reasonable distance, and the weather is not insane, I will probably get a motel every third day or so, and camp the rest of the time.

I wish I still had my hearse. I could just park anywhere and sleep in Cadillac luxury for free. It fit a full-sized mattress in the back. The problem was gas, though, at 12-13 MPG highway and 8-10 city. Then again, gas cost 1/4 of today's prices when I had it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F2F,bet that Hearse would look really cool pulling into Tonopah with a couple of 10ft Dewey Weber surf boards on top.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We could go surfing the Nevada dunes...but the boards would be by Eddie Talbot, and they would fit inside perfectly. No need to strap them to the roof in a 22 foot long station wagon.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    We could go surfing the Nevada dunes...but the boards would be by Eddie Talbot, and they would fit inside perfectly. No need to strap them to the roof in a 22 foot long station wagon.
    Don't forget to take out the skegs - side bites too if you got them.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin