Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,043   Online: 877

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Hugo,there is I think camping somewhere there but its much easier to stay in the motels they have in Tonopah.As far as a ride you are on the way form LA to Tonopah so I think between the three or four of us we can work out something.Asher wants to carpool and I was going to go with Per but four of us and equipment I don't think will fit in the Per-mobile,so something larger would work out fine.But once were there we need a car to get around in to the different place's.

Mike
    My BMW SUV holds five. Send me a PM via http://opfora.com

Asher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What film are folk using?

Asher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Asher a five passenger suv would be great,any room for camera gear and luggage?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slumry View Post
    Jim, you forgot to mention the Clown Motel, highly recommened if you want some quality ambiance. Also, be sure to bring your own wine; enough to share.
    I'll bring a case or two of Thunderbird to share. That should last at least a day or two.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mike c View Post
    Asher a five passenger suv would be great,any room for camera gear and luggage?

Mike
    I can see how many airplane roll-on luggage "units" it can take. Do you have measurements of the pack that your camera and lenses as well as tripod needs. How tall is your tripod collapsed to min length?

Send me a PM from http://opfora.com

Asher

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ash,havent figured which camera's or camera I'm taking,also Hugo needs a ride.If I don't ride with Per I'll let you know soon.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok - I'm late to the party as usual. Where exactly is Tonopah, and how long aprox. would it take to drive from Sacramento?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like I've answered my own question. Now it becomes a question of weather and 6-7 hrs of driving conditions.

Jim & Hugo can't be the only ones having fun

Shooter
    Medium Format

I need to bail out

Hello Jim and Per,
    I have been looking forward to this workshop from the first day it was announced. I have studied under Oliver Gagliani, Howard Bond as well as Les McLean. I was really looking forward for y'all to stir my brain. But...
    Two weeks ago I had a "coronary incident" that has turned my world upside down.
    Not only has drilled a big hole in my money bucket but it has also seriously limited my physical endurance. I had planned to drive my '46 Hudson with a tent in the back and camp along the way but now that is out of my list of options.
    Here is what I would like you to do:
    Find somebody who hasn't made the "list" and hasn't attended any of your workshops. The younger the better but a Guy. I don't any of you old geezers like me drooling over a sweet young thing.
    Give him my place in line and, if necessary, my deposit. Let another one ride the bus.

Charlie
    NewMexican

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Very very sorry to hear that. Hope you make a full recovery and can join us at a future time. Too bad, that Hudson would have looked sweet next to my green '39.

Rest easy and get well!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by NewMexican View Post
    Hello Jim and Per,
    I have been looking forward to this workshop from the first day it was announced. I have studied under Oliver Gagliani, Howard Bond as well as Les McLean. I was really looking forward for y'all to stir my brain. But...
    Two weeks ago I had a "coronary incident" that has turned my world upside down.
    Not only has drilled a big hole in my money bucket but it has also seriously limited my physical endurance. I had planned to drive my '46 Hudson with a tent in the back and camp along the way but now that is out of my list of options.
    Here is what I would like you to do:
    Find somebody who hasn't made the "list" and hasn't attended any of your workshops. The younger the better but a Guy. I don't any of you old geezers like me drooling over a sweet young thing.
    Give him my place in line and, if necessary, my deposit. Let another one ride the bus.

Charlie
    NewMexican
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin