Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,727   Online: 803

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Alternative Process classes in the Washington DC Metro area

It is with sadness that I announce the demise (thank you landlord!) of Art Reactor as a concrete space. For those who didn't see/hear about it, Art Reactor was a studio/gallery/workshop space in Hyattsville, Maryland, specializing in antique and alternative photographic processes. In its brief existence, we managed to offer classes on platinum/palladium printing and wet plate collodion, as well as host a juried exhibit of Whole Plate format photography.

Even though the space is gone, the people behind it remain while we search for a new location. If you are interested in learning platinum/palladium, gum bichromate, or gum over platinum and are in the DC metro area, please don't hesitate to reach out here or through the Art Reactor website to make a request - I will be glad to schedule 1 on 1 tutoring sessions in my personal darkroom. A two-day intro to Platinum/Palladium printing runs $250 plus materials, which includes shooting and processing large format negatives tailored to the process. A one-day class using existing negatives runs $150 plus materials.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Back in Business!!

I now have a new studio space conveniently located in downtown DC, walking distance from Chinatown, two Metro stations, and a short bus ride from Union Station, as well as a gazillion restaurants and a range of hotels, if you're coming in from out of town. I'll be posting a class schedule on my blog (see URL in my signature) soon, with classes starting again in late March/early April.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin