Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,525   Online: 975

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been asked about this today. There are still some spaces left in the workshop. This is getting harder and harder for me as I grow older, and I know that the economy is not good, but when it is gone it is gone. No more emulsion making like this!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The workshop is filled and has a waiting list I have been told. We are considering whether to admit those on the waiting list and will let those parties know what we decide. It is based on lab space more than anything else, along with giving each student hands-on experience with the entire process of making and coating.

Thanks to all of you who have signed up or expressed an interest.

I am packing my chemicals and equipment up. I have made up solutions. I will be setting up the lab on Thursday and if needed on Friday with Mark. We may have several guests - former Kodak retirees, who regularly join our lunch group at GEH.

See you there soon.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey Ron,

We have a full house for the emulsion workshop, but plenty more this fall. Check out the George Eastman House website for more information. See everyone on Monday!

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to be at GEH with Mark on Thursday and perhaps Friday if needed, setting up the lab and planning things out.

We are going to meet in the Cafe with a few friends for lunch.

Lets have fun before, during and after the workshop.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hear hear!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are all set to go. The lab was set up today and Mark and I mapped out the information needed for planning into 2012.

Best wishes to all. Any students who have questions please PM me.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Ron,

Be sure to hide that bathtub-Kodachrome formula before the students arrive
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found the 'inside analog photogrpahy' podcast again last night. Free on I tunes. I would have never normally thought of anything associated with Apple of being free.

I quite enjoyed the Lacock Abbey workshop being recounted with Mark and France O.

Between Ron and Mark it sounds like a great crew to teach the workshop, and at a great venue.

All the best to all who are attending.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had a wonderful time this week and I would like to thank the people who attended the workshop. Keep in touch guys and I will do all I can to help all of your projects. Remember also, www.emulsion101.com.

Best wishes to all.

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll second that Ron! A great time.... and it's the students who owe a huge thanks to Ron and Mark Osterman. Not only do they make a lovely pair (everytime I remember the "Laurel & Hardy shake" I laugh aloud) but they compliment one another in their teaching styles and knowledge base.

Ron is as generous as his activity on APUG would suggest and we, the analog community, owe a lot to his emulsion "evangelism".

I can't urge you enough, if you're interested in silver photography, to take one of these workshops.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin