Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,074   Online: 1086

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Second GEH Workshop on Emulsion Making and Coating

APUG members, I am happy to announce the tentative plans for a second workshop using the description here: http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/s...hoto-workshops in which we will make an Azo type emulsion in 3 contrast grades. We will coat using a number of paper surfaces.

This workshop is scheduled to take place in September and is by subscription in advance. At the present time, the time period between the 12th to 15 of Sept. appears to have a conflict but any Monday - Wed of the remaining weeks are open.

We considered 3 and 4 day workshops and different subjects, but due to current response and cost structure, the 3 day workshop for this topic appears to be best at this time.

We solicit your advance contacts with preferred dates so that we can select the most popular date in Sept. Please contact Mark Osterman (Mosterman at geh.org (replace the "at" in his address with @)) to register your preference and desire to attend. An exact date will be published as soon as we can get the proper number of registrants with overlapping schedules.

This course will include all of the extras the other course did, along with possible visits by other retired photo engineers or scientists from Kodak.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 02-04-2011 at 06:34 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Aargh. I don't want Mark getting spam! Fixed that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Back by popular demand! Congrats Ron

Having attended the premiere of this workshop series, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the art and science of emulsion-making.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian;

Thanks. We hope to do as good or better in the second round.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have emailed Mark; I am gonna try to make it!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm in. I sent Mark my throughts on what I would like and spoke with him on the phone (how 20th century ) . Besides, September is a much niser time to visit Rochester.

With a smaller group (2 to4) I'm guessing the tutition to be closer to $1K per person, but for the quality of instruction and information we get I think it's worth it. Ian, I believe you would agree. Personally, I like smaller groups.

However, if GEH wants a larger group, we need to find poeple to fill out the class to six or eight.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe;

Just remember that this course is a repeat of the one just finished so we can get in those who missed out on it. Your endorsements of the course have let others see what they are getting. But, there is a price limit that must be set. For example, the course could be 4 days or as you say, we could have 4 students, but that might keep some people from attending. I think that the current price/# of students/length is about right. We finished up with no real problems and got everything in. Those that wanted to stayed an extra day and toured the facilities and closed areas of GEH (by appointment) and got to see some amazing things like original color Lippman plates by Lippman himself!

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sorry Ron, I was still thinking/pitching Emulsion 2.0
    Last edited by JOSarff; 02-08-2011 at 06:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We are working on that as well Joe. It will probably be a 4 day course due to the subject matter.

Thanks.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump.

Don't forget this in September!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The workshop is now up on the GEH schedule and it starts October 3, 2011. It will run 3 days.

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/d...rkshop-16-2011.

It will be a repeat of the February workshop, back by popular demand! We will have guests, former EK engineers, who will join us as their schedule permits. At least 4 have said that they were willing to sit in on the workshop as some of them did at the first one, and they may even answer questions in free time or over lunch. This will be something you will remember forever.

PE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin