Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,631   Online: 868

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Mike, no not that I know of. Generally we just show up and take over the place. I'd ask Per just to be sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm planning on getting there Saturday. See you all.

Hal

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Federal campgrounds can get uppity about "workshops" using their facilities -- requiring permits, etc. As long as they know it is a non-profit, freeforall sort of thing no problem.

I was assisting for a workshop that traveled up the Oregon coast -- one of my jobs was to get campsites each night. No problem with the state parks, but got in trouble at a US Forest Service campground at Sutton Beach. I got visited by two ranger types who started to talk about the need for permits, etc. Fortunately I was also working as a seasonal Forest Service wilderness ranger at the time, and they granted me some "professional courtesy" and said just to take the "workshop" sign off the bullentin board. I put up a sign saying "Weston and Adams Family Reunion" instead.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    We have always called this a "get together" Maybe we will call this the "Per Reunion"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Per reunion sounds about right.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?zoneid=CAZ030

Have a good time, I'll be working on an expansion of my darkroom, the NuArc and Durst 5X7 need their space and the main needs more counter space for Carbon, working in the sink and one small counter just isn't cutting it anymore. Had I gotten the transmission put in the Dodge Ram a couple of weeks earlier I'd be on the road to Joshua Tree tomorrow, instead I got a load of lumber for the darkroom. That burned up $3500 too at a trusted local garage that could have funded a couple of nice trips. That's the way it goes.

My biggest regret is not being able to see Jim's cameras and prints, that's a let down that I agonize over. What can a person do in this case?

Best to all,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, we will miss you. I'm sure we will hook up again and I can show you some 14x17 carbon prints. The 8x20's I'm bringing are some of my finest prints to date IMHO. Other sizes are coming also. Have fun with the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, what are the details? I didn't get a response from my email to Per.

Thanks,

Karl

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Good question? Generally people start showing up on Friday afternoon or before. Head to the Jumbo Rocks campground and go in until you come to the last turn to the right you can make and look for people there. Tripods are a dead give away.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin