Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,007   Online: 1159

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

JOSHUA TREE LATER THIS WEEK!!!

This is THE Gettogether!
    The Joshua Tree Gettogether is now in its tenth year. Come Friday afternoon and stay through Sunday! Or come Saturday and Sunday! Or just Saturday!
    Saturday late morning around 11AM we will look at prints and crazy cameras.
    In the afternoon we will break into small groups and go shooting in the park.
    At night if weather permits we will have a campfire that can be seen in Shanghai, China!
    One of the very best and most interesting photogenic areas in the park is in the Jumbo Rocks campground. This is where we will meet. At the second to the last loop turn right. Follow the sweet scents of newly built 14x17 cameras, barely dry carbon glob and rough and tough campground cooking. And perhaps French pressed coffee...?

It will be fun! This is NOT a workshop but a Gettogether. Information is shared freely, and both newbies as well as professionals are invited. If you come please bring prints if you possibly can. It is a great learning experience for all of us to view images done by others.

The weather? Hmmm...A chance of a shower or two... No white out snow storm like last year, BUT be prepared for anything! If you camp you MUST bring firewood. NO gathering of wood is permitted inside the park!

See you there Saturday morning!

Per Volquartz

volquartz@volquartz.com

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got wood and Snapple,and camera,yeeeehaaa.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ugh... I've been planning to go to this for so long!

Last night my dishwasher went on the frits - I have to fix it or buy a new one and install it. Either way the weekend is shot for me.

I really want to take pictures of dramatic rain clouds in JT.

I got a $460 traffic ticket last week, JT is off, what next? They say bad luck comes three's - maybe I should not process undeveloped film tonight.

I hope you fella's enjoy and stay safe. Don't let the campfire go out of hand.

Sorry Per, Jim and Mike.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Things were.... okay but I'll defer to Per to give the details. Typical JT weather. Wind, rain snow and some great light. Got some good negatives. Those of you who bailed because of the weather missed out. More to come.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'v got some good shots too,thanks to Jim from Michigan and the the rest of the crew there.Some very nice photo viewing thanks to Matt,Jim F. Dan and the rest of the folks who brought the photo's to share.It was worth putting up with the harsh weather. Thanks everyone.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bailed because of a $3600.00 transmission for the truck and other money intensive obligations; ghostcount I can relate to your situation. It seems that each year around this time something always comes up. Last year it was the garage door springs, the year before it was the plumbing drain, this year a water pipe joint leaked and flooded the shop.

I figured out that the trip would be a grand no matter which way I chose to travel. Air, car, hotel; rent a car and drive, hotel; drive my truck, hotel; added to that is gas and food. Now I'm not complaining and if I lived in So Cal I'd have no problem getting to the get together.

My home work is the darkroom addition and getting more carbon supplies together. I'm making great progress on the 11X14 camera and need to get some film really soon. You know that 14 in 11x14 is starting to get easy to say; 14X17 isn't that hard to say either. I would have no idea what lens to use on one that big.

It's not in the cards, if I'd started sooner on ULF but I'm going to be happy with the 11X14. I wouldn't even bother if it wasn't for Carbon Transfer.

I hope everyone had a great time out there at Joshua Tree National Park.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt,

I spent $6,500 on a new engine on my Dodge Ram 1500 last year - because it was worth $11,000, it was a toss up between keeping it or get a new truck.

I guess penance for you is to shoot that 14x17 (er... 11x14) soon. Will you be in Tonopah this year?

Randy
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Curt,it would have been a long cold drive to Joshua Trees and even at the park it was cold and a bit windy Thursday thur Saturday.Sunday was the best day.Everybody was using either 4x5 or medium format cameras,left Jake at home and took my speed grafic and Hassy and got some potentially great shots though.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mike glad to hear you had a great time. Sounds like you brought the right camera for the weather.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right camera's but not enough blankets to stay warm in the tent at night,slept in motel the other two nights.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin