Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,961   Online: 774

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So, anyone shoot anything? Here is one of the images I've process so far. More to come. Straight scan of a carbon print. the print exhibits great shadow detail that you can not see here. I have another print that looks real promising but there was a problem with the tissue and I have to re print it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Joshua-Tree-2011.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format

JT

Jim, 14x17?
    A couple from rattlesnake canyon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tree.jpg   wf-rs-canyon.jpg   rs.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Forrest, those are awesome. I went up rattlesnake canyon with Bill and Hugo. I've got to print some more of the images. Great place. To much wind for the 14x17. Images to come soon!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wind was the least of my problems in Rattlesnake canyon. Need to hone my bushwhacking, bolder hopping skills.
    Developed some 8x10 in my new (to me) jobo tank, next stop, contact prints with amidol/lomida on the way from Matt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fatkins View Post
    Wind was the least of my problems in Rattlesnake canyon. Need to hone my bushwhacking, bolder hopping skills.
    Developed some 8x10 in my new (to me) jobo tank, next stop, contact prints with amidol/lomida on the way from Matt.
    Looks like your bushwacking and boulder hopping skills are fine - taking a large format camera there is a challenge enough. Good shots.
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I can't wait to see Hugo's prints. He took his 16x20 up there. If I had a backpack I would have brought the 14x17! Got my eye on one right now! I'll have to get you some Amidol if you still need it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    16x20 and or 14x17 up rattlesnake canyon?
    Bill and I hiked/scrambled quite a ways up the canyon with our point and shoot. Bill's camera fell in some water and my DSRL managed to find a rock or two. Both cameras survived but not sure I'd chance anything larger. Dan mentioned hiking to the top with his 8x10 so guess its possible. Personally, I was pretty much spent carrying the lightweight stuff.
    Jim, thanks for the offer but think I'm okay for now

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Here is one from Rattlesnake canyon. The scan does not do it justice. The shadow detail is quite amazing if I do say so myself! To bad it does not show here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails joshua-tree-cavern-2011.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    My 1620 camera did have some battle scars from that hike. But what an experience! I have one of the most beautiful 1620 negatives, of that waterfall, in my life. I am still in a daze today from the excitement.
    Last edited by Hugo Zhang; 03-07-2011 at 12:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hugo and Jim,you guys are real troopers taken those large cameras up there,not Ideal conditions to boot.Hope to see the results soon.

Mike

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin