Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,567   Online: 1068

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Gim

Where is Rattlesnake Canyon? I have been to JT a couple times and never heard of it and it sounds great. I did not get back to Michigan till late March and missed this thread completely. I sure had a good time despite the weather.

Mike C, I was the Jim from Michigan next site over.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Jim,sent you a PM,glad to hear from you.

Mike

Gim

Duh, I googled Rattlesnake Canyon. Lots of stuff. Makes me wonder what else I miss just looking at the Gov. handouts. I will try to take a look at it the next time I'm there. Thanks All

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just so you all know, getting to the bottom of Rattlesnake Canyon is not all that tough - some boulder scrambling to do, but not all that long of a hike. Rattlesnake Canyon is supposedly the only slot canyon in Joshua Tree Park. The little creek has carved out the slot in the rocks - difficult to shoot with a view camera, but not impossible. Getting to the top of the canyon is rewarding for shooting, but very difficult if you're carrying an 8 x 10 in a backpack along with a tripod. The guide books say to stay on the right side of the canyon to get to the top (the way I went up), and it is possible, but a lot steeper climb up. It's also harder to climb down than it was to go up, so be prepared for a very strenous hike if you're going to the top.

Here's a shot I took up at the top (cyanotype over platinum).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rattlesnake canyon 1.small.JPG  
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan, yes this is a very nice canyon. Don't like the name?? The hike is not that bad and you do need some help getting gear up but will be rewarded. I need to shoot here on the next visit with the 14x17. Now that will be tough, so i may just use the 8x10.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin