Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,925   Online: 1187

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

THE LAST JOSHUA TREE WORKSHOP / GETTOGETHER on February 26, 27...

For the past ten years I have had the great pleasure of putting together this informal group gathering in Joshua Tree NP, just east of Los Angeles.

From a simple beginning in 2001 with only a handful of people showing up there have been times where we were well over thirty..
    We have braved cold weather, wind, snow storms and rain, and have also had wonderful warm and pleasant skies. The campfires at night have been so great that the flames most likely could be seen all the way to China.
    Professional photographers as well as newbies have come. All have willingly shared information, technical knowledges and great lasting friendships have been forged.
    This will happen again this year!

It is my hope that someone else will grab the torch and keep this valuable event going well into the future.

Again, this will be the last event that I plan. If you are interested in coming please be sure to email me right away.
    February 26, 27 = just around the corner.

Per Volquartz

volquartz@volquartz.com

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Facebook: Per Volquartz

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Per, I'll see you there with the 14x17 and one other smaller camera my 8x10!

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll be there too, though not with a 14x17

Shooter
    Large Format
    Per,

It is hard to believe that this is the last one. I wish I was closer so I could get to Joshua Tree one more time. I had a lot of fun showing work and talking about photography/platinum&palladium printing/and what ever else came up. Thank you for letting me be a guest. You have a bunch of youngsters that can lead on, Jim, Matt, Tri, Hugo, they just need a good boot in the b---. I wish you all well, and have a great a time and have a glass of wine on ME, Matt is buying.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So, Per how many are coming to the get together? Any idea yet and are you speaking to the rain gods?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I intend to go Jim,that would be four of us.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Jim,

It's raining out here tonight so I hope that will bring good weather next weekend. By the way - in case someone wants to camp out, you can let them use your 14 x 17 as a tent. From your photo, it looks bigger than you are!

See you guys Friday afternoon.

Dan
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joshua Tree is a magic place, used to live less than an hour away but now it is a little to far. Would really have enjoyed to be there for the last one but hey, have fun and take some killer shots.
    Per, be well.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan, you know how I feel about the tent thing after last year!! I hope I bring good weather with me. It would be about time! I'll call you when Matt and I are on the way. I'm going to cut the trip in half by staying at his place Thursday night.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will be there. It will be my first time there. Directions to where everyone will be would be great. Look forward to it. Thanx in advance

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin