Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,021   Online: 1148

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Carbon Printing Workshop -- Vancouver, Canada -- June 24 &25, 2011

I am giving a carbon printing workshop in Vancouver, BC, Canada

June 24th and 25th (Friday, 4pm to 9pm, and Saturday, 10am to 5pm)

$200 (US or Canadian dollars)

It will be held at the Focal Point. You will have the opportunity to carry out all stages of the carbon printing process, including, of course, making prints. My goal is to give everyone the knowledge and skills to make carbon prints once they return home. Carbon printing is not a difficult process, but it is just complicated enough to make it a challenge to learn on one's own. I taught myself from a magazine article and thus I have made just about all of the mistakes possible for you already!

I have been making carbon prints since 1992 and have given carbon workshops at the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite, at PhotoCentral in Hayward, CA and at the Visual Arts Center in Newport, Oregon.

For more information, please contact me at: vaughn.hutchins@humboldt.edu

It would help me if you would put "Vancouver Carbon Workshop" on the subject line. Thanks!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any chance for this workshop to come to Toronto or Montreal? I would be interested.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Definitely interested.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks for your interest!

Sly, I hope you can make it -- looks to be just a ferry ride away for you. If you have any question, please contact me!

Mihai, that is a bit far for me. I am tying the Vancouver workshop in with a personal photo trip (Olympic Peninsula and central WA). Driving back to Toronto from California is a different story! My van will be loaded up with all sorts of stuff for the workshop -- I would have to seriously re-think things if I had to fly to a workshop site! But I do have a close friend/photographer in Toronto, so who knows?

I try to keep my costs down and therefore the cost of the workshops down.

I will be limiting the workshop to 8 people -- I want everyone to have a quality experience, and have some fun, too. I have two people signed up already and will need four total for the workshop to go.

This workshop will be a great way to see if this process fits one's vision and desires. It requires little as far as specialized equipment (other than a UV light source), and is an inexpensive process to do...pennies per print if one uses recycled material (such as out-dated photo paper). But it is more time-intensive than silver printing, but less than multi-color gum printing.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This is a great deal! I highly recommend this for anyone in the ares who is interested in carbon printing. I learned carbon from Vaughn some years ago now and I can't thank him enough. Please sign up... you will be glad you did! Good luck and have fun my friend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaugh, I perfectly understand. Thank you. I also have friends in California and who knows, one day I may go there for a visit. I will check on your schedule before planning the trip perhaps I will be able to attend this workshop. best wishes
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I post all my workshops here, Mihai, so keep and eye out and I hope to see you someday!

PS -- I can't help but read your signature quote and mentally sing "Hey, hey, my, my. Rock and Roll will never die" LOL!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There is a limit of 8 people for this workshop. Two spots left, then I will make a waiting list.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Awesome! I hope it fills up so you can inspire more carbon printers. Just finished day one of a two day workshop here in Ventura.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That's great, Jim! You actually have energy to post after a day of workshop?! LOL! I tend to be a zombie (does not help that I can forget to eat in all the excitement!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin