Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,379   Online: 1026

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would love to attend. I feel that I got so much from the workshop at your house this past November, it would be great to join in at Santa Fe. I'll have to start looking for a benifacter to help with the finances. For anyone having difficulty deciding whether or not to go, I would highly recommend any chance you can get to work with Per.

Shooter
    Large Format

this is a WORK shop!!!

There will be activities every day!

Every morning we will go shooting at a new location from about 6AM to Noon.

In the afternoons we will have discussions, presentations of various topics such as marketing of your work using Internet, Social Media, gallery representations and self publishing of limited edition prints and books. There will be print reviews (in group setting and individually). There will be demonstrations on pre-exposure to control contrast, and there will be advice on how to make stronger compositions that reflect the philosophical content of the subject matter.

Portraiture - large format with daylight? Or electronic studio flash? You will have the opportunity to do both. With your large format camera!
    And you will discover that a portrait is no different that a landscape!

In the evening you will have the opportunity to process roll and sheet film using Pyro Rollo from Bostick - Sullivan and alkaline fix TF-4 from Photo Formulary.
    After film processing you will get the opportunity to make a few Platinum - Paladium prints on Arches Platine paper.
    All materials (except film) will be provided.

We have secured very reasonable group rates at a small local motel!

All in all this will be a fun, high energy workshop (mentally - and physically if you like)!

Finally APIS 2011 takes place in Santa Fe from October 6 - 8. If you plan to attend that event you can stay a few extra days and participate in our workshop!

This workshop is close to filling up now. If you want to participate please sign up ASAP.
    It will be great fun!!!

Per Volquartz

http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html

Send email for more info (Be sure to write SANTA FE in email header):
    volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Per!

I would love to attend but unfortunately, this workshop date is a bit too close to my Mexico trip, and I don't have the funds to cover all the air-fare, lodging and additional travel that the workshop would require

Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz View Post

There will be activities every day!

Every morning we will go shooting at a new location from about 6AM to Noon.

In the afternoons we will have discussions, presentations of various topics such as marketing of your work using Internet, Social Media, gallery representations and self publishing of limited edition prints and books. There will be print reviews (in group setting and individually). There will be demonstrations on pre-exposure to control contrast, and there will be advice on how to make stronger compositions that reflect the philosophical content of the subject matter.

Portraiture - large format with daylight? Or electronic studio flash? You will have the opportunity to do both. With your large format camera!
    And you will discover that a portrait is no different that a landscape!

In the evening you will have the opportunity to process roll and sheet film using Pyro Rollo from Bostick - Sullivan and alkaline fix TF-4 from Photo Formulary.
    After film processing you will get the opportunity to make a few Platinum - Paladium prints on Arches Platine paper.
    All materials (except film) will be provided.

We have secured very reasonable group rates at a small local motel!

All in all this will be a fun, high energy workshop (mentally - and physically if you like)!

Finally APIS 2011 takes place in Santa Fe from October 6 - 8. If you plan to attend that event you can stay a few extra days and participate in our workshop!

This workshop is close to filling up now. If you want to participate please sign up ASAP.
    It will be great fun!!!

Per Volquartz

http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html

Send email for more info (Be sure to write SANTA FE in email header):
    volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    Large Format

We have GREAT price on accommodations!!!

Linda Craig who is co ordinating the workshop has gotten us GREAT group rates at a motel in Santa Fe. $55 per night!!!

While this workshop is packed with information and activities it can be done on a limited budget.

Per Volquartz
    http://www.pervolquartz.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    And afterward I could meet ya'll at the Second Street Brewery (my pub of choice down here). Highly recommended and Linda is a great person, I'd trust her motel choices, etc.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Large Format

This is a FILM based LARGE FORMAT workshop primarily.

- I did not stress that in earlier posts, sorry.
    Anyway, only a few places left.
    The workshop will be limited to 16 participants!

Per Volquartz
    http://www.pervolquartz.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK - now that I've probably bitten off more than I can chew (travel-wise); I've never flown (not me) with a film camera, let alone a LF camera AND film.

Other than this advisory from the TSA:

"The equipment used to screen checked baggage will damage undeveloped film. Pack your undeveloped film in your carry-on bag. High speed and specialty film should be hand inspected at the security checkpoint. To facilitate hand-inspection, remove your undeveloped film from the canister and pack in a clear plastic bag."

Uh, sheetfilm no have' um canisters

Any other:

Advice
    Suggestions
    Cautions

I would drive but I only have one day of travel time. It would take me 18 hrs. one-way, so it looks like I'll be paying a 2nd visit to ye honorable TSA guardians within two weeks.

HEY! -- DON'T TOUCH MY JUNK!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just keep it in your carry on bag and run it through the x-ray machine. Unopened boxes are probably best as far as the TSA is concerned. Otherwise you could ship you film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, now that I see you're in Elk Grove we could meet in SF and I can carry it for you. I'm planning on driving.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by karl View Post
    Actually, now that I see you're in Elk Grove we could meet in SF and I can carry it for you. I'm planning on driving.
    Hi Karl, thanks for the offer but I will have very little time. I'll essentially be in transit. I will be returning from a trip to Mexico the Saturday before the workshop begins, so I'll have just enough time to get back home, provide my cat with another week of food & water, SSS, and grab some sleep before heading back to the airport.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin