Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,119   Online: 753

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    After a brief discussion with my friend she gave me a "That sounds great!" response so unless something really unexpected happens I will be there.
    You have it easier than I do. Just get on I-64 and head West. Road conditions and traffic get pretty yucky around Charleston (at least they did the last time I went that way) but you don't have to worry about directions.
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    You have it easier than I do. Just get on I-64 and head West. Road conditions and traffic get pretty yucky around Charleston (at least they did the last time I went that way) but you don't have to worry about directions.
    Yeah, it's pretty easy for me, I've driven out there probably a dozen times or so. Charleston is always pretty crappy to drive through. Seems like every time I go through there I hit road construction of some sort

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    From my place in Gaithersburg, it's lower stress to take I-70 to I-68 to Morgantown and then get I-79 down to I-64 in Charleston.
    Jim

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    One of the schedualed events will be at Paul Paletties gallery. He has agreed to
    open in the morning, either Sat or Sun tbd, He will be there to show all the photo geeks like myself and most of you around and talk about his collection and for me this is great as I get to see the prints again and soak up a bit of history.
    Paul really is really cut from another cloth and you will be surprised with his collection if you have not visited him before.

Confirmed as well for the Canadian Invasion , 10 + shows of various artists (myself included) at the Mellwood Art Center. This will probably be Sat night and should be quite an event. We are very lucky Emy at the Mellood Art Center stepped up to the plate and hit a home run for us.

Just think, you can look at my solarizations and say (HUHH what hell are those) Just be gentle on me, I am getting old and feeble and cannot take critisism.

We are now almost sold out so to speak on shows that gallerys are picking, We are talking with about three more exhibit spaces to take on solo shows, once they are confirmed this part of the planning is done.
    but we are actively selling Flats for the Kentucky Convention Center. ( It looks like we are taking on the main floor walls and ceilings) So if you are Canadian, if you have a pulse, if you want to join in an festival that will highlight Canadian Artists the third weekend in October , jump in with both feet , get your work out there. Give us a call and we can see how you can be part of the show.

We are checking passports to make sure none of the sneaky americans try to pass themselves off as Canadians to get into the show. If you have no passport then you have to shoot a puck into the top corner of the net to prove your status.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have heard there is one designated Friday night of each month where several of the galleries in an area stay open late to host a "pub crawl" style open house, encouraging visitors going from one gallery to the next.
    Does this weekend in October coincide with a Friday night open house like I've heard about? I'm only about 2.5 hours drive from Louisville, but have yet to get up there to visit any of the galleries. I'll try to get out of town that weekend and head north for this event.

Chris

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This weekend Oct 21-23 the Canadian Invasion is the main event.
    Fri night big open party at the convention center, next day openings at various gallery's showing Canadian photographers with a big evening at the Mellwood Art Center.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    I have heard there is one designated Friday night of each month where several of the galleries in an area stay open late to host a "pub crawl" style open house, encouraging visitors going from one gallery to the next.
    Does this weekend in October coincide with a Friday night open house like I've heard about? I'm only about 2.5 hours drive from Louisville, but have yet to get up there to visit any of the galleries. I'll try to get out of town that weekend and head north for this event.

Chris

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Chris: The Friday Night Gallery Hop in Louisville is the first Friday night of every month. If I lived as close to Louisville as you do I'd go just about every month. The next one is opening night for Steve Sherman's show, which should be really something to see. I'd love to be there, but I can't quite swing it.

The Paletti Gallery is at 720 E. Market St.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 07-09-2011 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    Chris: I'd love to be there, but I can't quite swing it.
    Bummer! There are more and more common friends of ours who are making the trip, and let's not forget the party atmosphere when Paul Paletti is in charge.

Cheers
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok it has been pointed out to me that I am spelling Pauls last name incorrectly
    on all these posts.
    I blame it on the Dumante

Paletti I believe is correct and I humbly request Paul that you do not spike up my libation when we next meet.

I am looking forward to seeing Steve's show as well. We had a preview here in May and its Killer.. Steve can really lay down the tones.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    Bummer! There are more and more common friends of ours who are making the trip, and let's not forget the party atmosphere when Paul Paletti is in charge.

Cheers
    Yeah, I'm especially bummed because I can make it in October when you won't be there. Is the show going to be in any other venues on the East Coast?

BTW, you guys now have some bigtime publicity.
    Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin