Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,539   Posts: 1,572,765   Online: 870

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bob, are you going to put together some sort of listing of events and places for this? I don't really see anything on your website yet. Unless I'm not looking in the right place.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Travis
    www.elevatorexhibitions.com is the site we made for the Kentucky visit and beyond. We are hoping other art centers will like this idea and invite us to come to their town.
    You can also signup on www.elevatordigital.ca and get all our newsletters or Constant Contact and we are always blowing our horn there. If it gets too much you can unsubscribe.

Please remember, The Canadians will only be present in Louisville the third weekend in October. Not sure how many of us will be present but all the artists and Elevator Crew so we should have a large crowd.
    You will recognize us immediately because we will be the ones wearing the Parkas and Mucklucs.

The planning is taking shape and looks like Fri night and all day Sat into the evening. So far , not a lot planned for Sunday , but I am sure that will change as we get closer to the time.
    I am going to be in Kentucky to finalize all plans Aug 4 and I will post the full scheduale the next week.

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob, I was at the APUG conference in Toronto a few years ago and at Photostock in 2009 so I'm sure I'll recognize a few of you.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok Here is an update with some propoganda. LOUISVILLE ROCKS.
    I am printing the Russell Monk show right now so it will be the first viewing of the work.. Winning the PDN's faces competition is pretty cool.

At this point we estimate around 485 framed pieces will be coming to Louisville plus potentially 40 flats with minimum three images on each in Studio 181.
    What is coming,, Solarized prints, lith prints, tri toned silver gelatin prints, duotone silver gelatin prints , lambda tri tone silver gelatin and duotone silver gelatin prints, Lambda colour and Inkjet prints, and a small sampling of multiple register gum over pt pd prints.

If you want to stay at the hotel go to Marriot Residence Louisville ask for Brooke Legrange and say you want to rub shoulders with the Canadians and you will get our rates.
    I hope as many of our friends within a few hours of Kentucky will consider joining us for the weekend lots to do and worth the drive.
    bob

The Invasion is ON!!
    ·················································· ························

The photo biennial in Louisville is taking shape. After our scouting trip two weeks ago, we have firmed up many of the details for our event this October.

Many of the exhibitions will be taking place at the Mellwood Arts Center, Louisville's version of our Distillery District. Gallery Mwill be featuring Barrie Wentzel, Charlotte Forbes, and Maureen O'Connor. Pigment Gallerywill be featuring Russell Monk. Congratulations to Russell on winning PDN's annual Faces competition - this is the work that will be featured in his show. The Bridge Gallerywill be showing Bob Carnie.

The Kaviar ForgeGallery will be showing Ryan Pyle's work. Gallery Janjobewill be featuring Laura Paterson Carnie. Gallery A, will show the work of Robert Sprachman; Gallery B,Denis Lalonde. The Mellwood Cafe will show Kamelia Pezeshki and Rinath Maman. Architype Gallerywill feature Kevin Viner and Justin Klym.

Keep up to date with all the details at our Canadian Invasion page .

Canadian Group Show @ Studio 181
    ·················································· ························
    Book now!

Our photographic 'invasion' of Louisville will also include a group show of Canadian artists. We have secured a 2000 sq. ft. gallery space at the Mellwood Art Center.

Now is the time to book space for this show. Work will be exhibited from October 22 through to December 31st. Sections of walls can be 'rented,' as well as vertical display flats that will run through the centre of the gallery.

This is an opportunity to show your work in the US market.

Space is booking quickly. Call us for more information and pricing. Or email us a contact@elevatorexhibitions.com

You can follow us on Facebook at the links below:

Elevator Digital on Facebook

Dylan Ellis Galleryon Facebook

Forward email

This email was sent tonigel@elevatordigital.ca by info@elevatordigital.ca|
    Update Profile/Email Address|Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
    ELEVATOR| 105 Vanderhoof Avenue, #5| Toronto| ON| M4G 2H7| Canada
    Last edited by Bob Carnie; 08-26-2011 at 10:28 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: too much info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm looking forward to it, Bob!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm really looking forward to the event! I rec'd the Elevator email and discovered that many of the shows are at Mellwood where we have a workshop ( not a gallery).
    And as Bob and many others have stated...it definitely is worth the drive to visit Paul Paletti's gallery. His collection is truly amazing.
    Gary

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Another update.

I am leaving for Louisville in a couple of weeks with a truckload of framed images to distribute and install.

Then the third weekend about 30 Canadians will invade. We are armed with snowballs and blubber for any trouble.

Here is a bit of propoganda from one of our lead destinations
    http://www.mellwoodartcenter.com/can...sion-2011.html

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Final update before the openings this weekend.

For those who have gallery representation or art groups that may be interested in being invaded by Elevator Exhibitons, we are actively looking for other cities .
    We have interest in any location internationally, it takes time to pull one of these events off but it is of huge interest to us to meet other like minded groups.

For Immediate Release
    October 17, 2011 • Toronto
    A Canadians Invasion
    As part of Louisville’s Photo Biennial 2011, the photographic works
    of over 30 Canadian photographers will be exhibited in Louisville this
    weekend. This impressive collection of more than 300 images will be on
    display at multiple galleries at The Mellwood Art Center, as well as
    Kaviar Forge & Gallery, and Architype Gallery.
    This artistic incursion has been developed and executed by
    Elevator Exhibitions of Toronto. Elevator is a fine art producer of
    photographic printing and finishing. Working with artists all over the
    world, Elevator completes hundreds of gallery-quality exhibitions each
    year.
    “By facilitating this ‘invasion’ we help our client’s expand their reach into
    other markets,” says one of Elevator’s principals, photographer Kevin
    Viner. “We hope that this is the first of many such events that we will
    organize in the US and beyond.”
    The shows start on Frankfort Ave., on Saturday October 22nd at 1:30 pm
    with two openings, and then move to Mellwood on Saturday evening at
    5:30 pm for 10 openings including The Best of Canada group show at
    Studio 181. The event wraps up on Sunday October 23rd with a brief
    lecture series at 11:30 am at Mellwood. World-class photographers
    Russell Monk, Ryan Pyle, and Barrie Wentzell will be speaking on their
    work, their process, and their adventures. A complete schedule of
    events is available at www.elevatorexhibitions.com.
    -30-
    For more information:
    Kevin Viner

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob:

Does "international" include Western Canada - particularly BC?

You might encounter some resistance though if you described it as an "Invasion from Ontario".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes Western Canada for sure. Future invasions will be Elevator Exhibitions present rather than Canadians invade as we hope to pick up Kentucky Artists to join and as we move around pick up a growing stable of exhibiting artists.

I don't think the folks in BC are so sensitive to Ontario, ya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Bob:

Does "international" include Western Canada - particularly BC?

You might encounter some resistance though if you described it as an "Invasion from Ontario".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin