Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,322   Online: 913

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Kentucky Bi Annual Arts Festival

Hi All- this is something we are working on and I hope some of our Southern Brothers and Sisters can join us in October, I will be there with my wife and two dogs Barney and Lucy, let us offer you a nice glass of Ontario wine and meet a bunch of my friends.

Canadians Invade Kentucky Photo Biennial October 2011*
    Many photographers have longed for an opportunity to show their personal work. How many times have you*stood in front of a fine art photography exhibit and said: "I can do that." Well, here's your chance to get the exposure you need to break in.
    Canadians are invited by Elevator Exhibitions to join in the Canadian Invasion at the Kentucky Photo Biennial. In October, Canadian's will be celebrated as*the highlight of the Photography Festival in Louisville.
    This opportunity*for a Fine Art Photography Cultural Exchange between Canada and the US*has been created by Elevator Exhibitions, the newest part of the Elevator family.* With our collective connections to the American photography scene, we are taking a truckload of*fabulous photography down to Louisville.*The 2011 Kentucky Photo Biennial will be the first in a series of*travelling exhibitions.
    The Louisville Kentucky*Photography Biennial is*on for the month of October.
    The Canadian Invasion by the Elevator team, and any photographers willing to make the trek, will be on the weekend of October 21, 22, 23. Various gallerys will be hosting various parties on those three*days. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and greet gallerists and artists from all over the US. Elevator Exhibitions will be producing Convention Center group show and its opening will kick off the Canadian celebration.
    Get in at ground level.*This opportunity is an ‘edge of the wedge’ to get into the fine art photography world. Get noticed by museum curators, gallerists, photo collectors. Learn the ropes, and help jump start your fine art photography sales.
    Elevator*Exhibitions*are scheduled to*travel onto additional photography festivals, we are looking for host city’s to tap into our project, as well hope to have new photographers; Canadian, Mexican, American, as we broaden the Elevator Exhibition Circuit over the next three to four years.

Toronto is home to the largest photography festival in the world with its CONTACTPHOTO festival. This has put Canadian photography, and its artists, on a world stage. With all that buzz, we feel the time is right to promote Canadian work in the US as we*are seen to be the fine art photographers to watch.

Join the invasion. Meet us at this amazing event in Louisville.
    For info go to http://www.elevatorexhibitions.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Wow 50 thousand analogue people on APUG and only 53 views , what am I missing???

maybe I should have labeled the thread title
    Big Titties on display at Louisville Kentucky
    I am sure the view rate would explode.

It amazes me what is of value to this membership.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,
    It's the 4th weekend here for us in the USA so that may have something to do with the slow response.

I'm maybe...8 hours away from Louisville but it sounds interesting.
    Last edited by brucemuir; 07-03-2011 at 08:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Bob,
    It's the 4th weekend here for us in the USA so that may have something to do with the slow response.

I'm maybe...8 hours away from Louisville but it sounds interesting.
    8 hours maybe by very slow helicopter. In a car it'll take you about 10 hours of driving time + whatever stops you make. I always figure it at 12 hours door to door from my house in Gaithersburg to Paletti's gallery in Louisville.

Maybe we could get a few DC area guys together for this road trip and save gas money. I know at least 3 people including myself who will probably be interested.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

I'm looking forward to the exhibition.

Best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well I am hoping to meet as many APUGers from the District surrounding Louisville.
    The visit to Paul Gallery in Lousiville is worth a five hour drive from any direction.
    I am hoping my friends from South, North Carolina and Georgia visit, not to mention all the surrounding states. Kentucky seems to be smack dab in the center of the States and with carpooling and efficiency suites the financial pain should be not so bad.

These kind of events are a great way to meet other like minded people and I have visited Louisville and its a first rate city , very friendly and accomadating. Our family is looking forward to this event and we hope a lot of you can visit and enjoy the weekend.

Also remember I am buying your first glass of wine on fri night and it will be from the Niagara region of Ontario , which produces wonderful wine.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It will be nice seeing you again Daniel, its been a couple of years since Bills shindig.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlin View Post
    Bob,

I'm looking forward to the exhibition.

Best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

Missed seeing you at the recent Photostock. You, the Mrs. and the dogs would have had a blast!
    Marked my calendar for October and hope to share some bourbon at Paul's.

Best,
    Daniel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's about a 9-10 hour drive for me, too, but I'll be visiting the Lexington area around that time so I should be able to make it out there. Sounds like fun!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It would be nice to see you.. I think a visit on Fri or Sat to Pauls gallery is worth the trip alone for die hard photographers.. I will see if I can set up a visit timeline while everyone is in town to visit Palettie Gallery.

We will be posting places to stay in Louisville shortly and I will keep people updated as to what the Canadians are doing , as well events going on by the people from Louisville.
    Lexington is close if my memory serves me right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    It's about a 9-10 hour drive for me, too, but I'll be visiting the Lexington area around that time so I should be able to make it out there. Sounds like fun!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin