Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,329   Online: 719

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

One week by Emil Schildt at Vraa Folk highscool in Denmark

I’ve been lucky enough to get the opportunity to take a week of ”vacation” at Vraa Folk highschool in Denmark. The headline was portrait photography, with Gandolfi (Emil Schildt) as tutor and inspirator.

This short course is an Eldorado for us analouge photographers!

The school has a big studio with nice, big lights, and analogue cameras of all sorts and sizes. The biggest takes negatives (paper negatives was used) at 40x50cm.

Emil made a ”frame” for the course that allows each individual to work to with the areas that person has a personal interest in, or the areas were most help is needed.
    He helps/teaches in everything, from basic darkroom work to advanced techniques, based on the darkroom work. We got to work with liquid emulsion, cyanotypes and bromoil printing.

In the studio, we worked with different lightning’s on models; including the technique “paint with light”.

(And if you’re dig****, then you’ll also have advantage of the course. But be careful… 9 out of 10 declared themselves as 100% dig**** in the beginning of the course, but before we left, most had spent days in the darkroom)

In addition to the work in photography, this Folk Highschool provides a frame, which allows ample room for vacation time. And the price, only 4.200Dkr (about 800$) includes the stay/the teaching/lectures/trips and plenty of food…

This gave a taste for more, and I’ll return next year

I’ll recommend this course whole heartedly.

Regards
    OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wow ---
    i wish i lived in your neck of the woods ...
    that sounds like a great workshop!

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice! I'm jealous.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds great! I wish I couldaf gone!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Emil Schildt? What does that guy know?! =P

Sounds awesome, have a great time! Mark me down in the jealous column with Jeff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by OMU View Post
    In addition to the work in photography, this Folk Highschool provides a frame, which allows ample room for vacation time. And the price, only 4.200Dkr (about 800$) includes the stay/the teaching/lectures/trips and plenty of food…
    I've been on diving and camping vacations where I have spent more than this. From what I've seen of his work online, this may even be underpriced. If "stay" is another word for lodging, I would sign up before too many others find out about this deal. Have a good time AND learn something to expand and/or improve your working knowledge moving forward.
    I've done my own little photographic excursions/expeditions/wanderings to kill a few days of vacation time, but never to a workshop. This sounds like fun.

Chris

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    thanks for the nice words.

I must stress, that I couldn't have done this without my beloved Stine (member here too), as she is more or less in charge of the darkroom! She rules in there!!

Chris: yes: means logding. A nice room with bath - all the food you can eat - coffee all the time - and so on....

"underpriced!? I am afraid to tell my headmaster!! But it is overbooked most years.

And it is a great time for all of us!!

OMU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought about not write about it. And keep it as a secret, to be sure there will be room for me next year.

But I send my reservation, before I blew the secret

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin