Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,165   Online: 1082

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Owens Valley "Get Together" Oct 1-5 2011

In the spirit of continuing the workshops/Get togethers that Per Volquartz started up in this area several years ago...

This is not a workshop, no fee, however if any newbies or someone interested in some personal instruction (LF camera basics, ULF playtime, etc) feel free to ask myself, Jim Fitzgerald or one of the other attendees for some help.

When: October 1 (Sat) through October 5 (Wednesday)

October 1 (Sat) -Oct 3 As usual we'll start out at Virginia Creek Settlement (LINK) near the road to Bodie. I will talk to the owner soon to see if he will accommodate us as before. They usually close down more or less. Stay here and shoot the area including Bodie and head south to Lee Vining morning of Oct 3 (Monday). We'll do a print review Saturday night (bring your work) and Sunday night. BS sessions, campfire... You can camp or rent a room. Check the site.

October 3 (Sat) -Oct 4 We'll camp at Aspens campground (I think that's the one) off Power Plant Road which is off the 120 a few miles up from 395. Or you can choose to stay in Lee Vining and several options there. Hang out, shoot Mono, the lakes and such.

October 4 (Sat) -Oct 5 'Bama Hills. Leave late afternoon from Lee Vining (or not) to head down to Alabama Hills Wednesday and stay through Thursday. Will be camping at our favorite Location. Ask me if you haven't been. Lone Pine has several hotel options as well.

Hoping to keep everyone together and enjoy the usual camaraderie and story telling as before...Reminisce about our departed friend, and make new friends. Oh, and make a few nice negatives to turn into positives

I'll try to answer questions as they come up. Basically, our almost annual get together to shoot, share work and a few laughs.

Please email me if you are attending and where you will be staying. Could catch the Aspens turning, but no guarantees.

Sorry for the short notice, hope to see my friends there and some new folks...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Matt and Jim,

Good luck, and a lot of fun. I will be just finishing the last part of a platinum/palladium workshop here in Santa Fe. So sorry I will not be able to join you gays that weekend. I am glad that you are doing this gathering in honor of Per. If you have not been up this way and you want to get some good help. This is the trip to do, and the price is right. It's just a good thing to do.

I wish I could
    Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So if anyone wishes to meet up with us that is fine. We will have a great time. If you do come then let us know and we can share information about the area and share experiences. I'm bringing 4 cameras and will do a dry walk through of carbon printing for anyone interested. If you are in the area come join us as we do have a lot of fun.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds great guys, I'd love to be there even if I can only stay 2 or 3 days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you are attending, please send me an email (not a pm here) with your days you'll be there and a cell phone number, and whether you will camp or hotel it. Thanks
    mpb at matthewblaisphotography dot com
    Matt's Photo Site

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Whatever works for whoever wishes to come that is what this is all about. Matt and I decided to invite anyone who is interested. We have had a great time in this area in year's past and even if it is just he and I it will be fun. So e-mail Matt if you are going to join us because we like to make sure things are well organized if several people decide to join us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, have a problem with your scheduling dates, does everything start on Sat. the 1st.? How many Sat. does Oct. have in a row.? will send email.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim/Matt,

I'm sure this will be blast. I would love to go but I have a wedding to attend to that weekend. Enjoy and be safe!

Randy
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Sounds great guys, I'd love to be there even if I can only stay 2 or 3 days.
    Let me know for sure Rorye when you can
    Matt's Photo Site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, how many parking place's do they have for sleeping in your car, or tent at this Virginia Creek place camp.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin