Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,681   Online: 753

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

John Sexton Lecture - November 3, 2011 - Manchester, NH

JOHN SEXTON LECTURE
    NEW HAMPSHIRE INSTITUTE OF ART
    MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE
    THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2011 - 6:30 PM

I am honored to have been invited to be a part of the Distinguished American Artists lecture series offered by the New Hampshire Institute of Art in Manchester, New Hampshire. I will be presenting my lecture Inspirations: An Evening With Photographer John Sexton on November 3 at 6:30 pm.

I am flattered to share the series with Alice Aycock and Chris Van Allsburg – two American artists whose works are remarkable and inspiring. Alice Aycock has created sculptural-architectural installations throughout the world. Two-time Caldecott Medal-winner Chris Van Allsburg has drawn readers into a magical, even surreal, world through his illustrated picture books, which include Jumanji and The Polar Express.

The event is open to the public. Tickets are $20 for my lecture, and $50 for the entire series. I will be talking about my own photography, as well as the time I spent working side-by-side with Ansel as his photographic and technical assistant. Along with my public lecture, I will be spending Friday with the photography students at the Institute. I am looking forward to this opportunity to meet the students, sharing information and images with them, and trying to answer their questions. If any of my subscribers are in the area, it would be great to see you at the lecture. In addition, please let your friends know about the event.
    You can purchase tickets online at the New Hampshire Institute of Art web site.

For more information contact:
    Suzanne Lenz
    New Hampshire Institute of Art
    Phone: 603-836-2547
    suzannelenz@nhia.edu

http://www.nhia.edu/artist-lecture-series/
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would love to attend this, a bit far for me but at least on the right coast... Fingers crossed that you'll be in Pittsburgh or Cleveland soon.

All the best.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Shawn. I once went from SE MA to Maine to see him and was not disappointed at all. We drove through a decent sized storm that day, too - worth it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wish I could go!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's too far away from me too. I'm only four miles away from the old Hampshire!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunately, I am close enough.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks to all for the kind words... much appreciated.
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    Large Format

LECTURE NEARLY SOLD OUT

I just heard from the New Hampshire Institute of Art that the event is nearly sold out!!! While this pleases me, I wanted to advise Forum readers to be sure and check with the Institute to reserve a seat before driving a distance only to be turned away. Looking forward to seeing some of you have emailed me that you will be attending!
    John Sexton

www.johnsexton.com
    info[at]johnsexton.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John
    Thanks for a great presentation, we really enjoyed it.

Everyone else, if you have the chance to attend one of John's talks, go!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsexton View Post
    I just heard from the New Hampshire Institute of Art that the event is nearly sold out!!! While this pleases me, I wanted to advise Forum readers to be sure and check with the Institute to reserve a seat before driving a distance only to be turned away. Looking forward to seeing some of you have emailed me that you will be attending!
    Wish I had checked this when you posted. I went to buy the ticket online once I knew I could make it, but found it was sold out. Hopefully I'll make it to the next one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin