Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,759   Online: 911

Shooter
    Multi Format

Oceano Dunes Gettogether in Honor of Per Volquartz Feb 24,25 & 26, 2012

I'm in the planning stages of doing a get together for Oceano Dunes In Feb 2012 but I want to see the interest in this before i do a full blown get together, any interest please feel free to chime in on this and I am doing this in honor of my very good friend Per Volquartz, as most of you know he suddenly past away in July of this year and since i will be in California and having never been there before I was hoping to get a bunch of us together to swap stories and images and etc. This is open to all formats including 35mm and of course larger, I will most likely be bringing my Mamiya RZ67 and my 8x10 Burke & James.... I will also be showing the last images me and Per had worked on in May after the Tonopah gathering.

Hope all is well with everyone and the dates are going to be Feb 24,25 & 26

This was also posted on the LFPF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ted for all your tremendous work that made this event possible. You chose a perfect location at the Oceano dunes Pismo Beach and the two houses you discovered are a perfect headquarters for the events, sill photo, models shoots and more.

Just to update folk here, Although there are 18 pages in a long thread on this subject, the thread might be missed here in APUG! Until now, the shoot was something being dreamed of and discussed to be put together. Now two houses have been booked, we have speakers and a full schedule of shoots and an exciting large format program worthy of the man that inspired so many and gently moved folk back to simple but clean views of what is to be imaged. I'm so impressed by the love so many photographers show for him and the respect Per showed everyone he met. But you all know that far longer and better than I!

So please everyone, catch up with the event and you can join us in just 2 weeks 24th to 26th of february. We can still accommodate more photographers at the two houses we rented which serves as the headquarters and meeting center. Also perhaps you can share pictures of Per and add a message to them. Send up to 20 MB files to editor.opfATmac.com, (replace AT with @) or send the file by http://you sendit.com for free. If you have a print, send or bring that too!

Asher

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin