Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,874   Online: 1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Third workshop on Making, Coating and Testing Emulsions at GEH

I would like to alert you to the third workshop at George Eastman House coming this April.

http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/d...rkshop-04-2012

As before, there is room for 8 people and we are hoping for another full house. Please don't wait and end up on the waiting list.

We will be learning all about Azo type emulsions for contact printing. Schedules permitting, some of the GEH lunch group may elect to join us for class or lunch.

Hope to see you there.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bump!

Well, here we are with about 3 full months to go until April hits us. Everyone is lamenting the conditions at EK and here you have a chance to learn about making your own paper. So far, this thread has had no answers but in the light of things going on, I thought maybe I could alert some of you to this course.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE, I know this question truly shows up my ignorance, but is there anything of this sort of workshop in Australia? If I was still in New York, I'd be there with bells on but I'm afraid I'm a decade too late on that count. Are any of these workshops (or tours) videoed?
    Last edited by Molli; 01-09-2012 at 02:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typographical error.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another interested here, but I'm in Europe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    EdoNork:

I took the workshop in January 2011. There was a very nice young lady from Germany in attendance. The airfare isn't that bad from EU contries and the class is worth the cost of the ticket.

Joe

PE when is Emulsion 2.0?
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Joe is right. We have had students from all over Europe, Canada and the US. One was from Asia but was living in the US at the time, so we have had none from OZ or NZ yet, nor from Japan or China.

And no, there are no courses like this anywhere else AFAIK. We try to bring in some Kodak retirees to address your questions and supply additional information. You might call it "lunch with the experts", as some of the attendees have been Bob Shanebrook and Paul Gilman among others.

Joe, IDK, but I would guess the next one in the fall. Mark and I have to plan it out. The level 2 emulsions take longer to make so the course will probably be a day longer.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Making the trip to Rochester just to see Ron's lab-coat is worth the trip

Although there are workshops in other locations, working with PE and Mark Osterman, at George Eastman House (museum, and seeing goodies from the vault), and meeting some of the 'experts' makes for a unique experience. I count last January's workshop as being a major turning point in my photographic journey.
    - Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Is the class still going to run in light of the demise of Kodak?

The last class I attended there was great and I look forward to attending another.

Michael
    Last edited by studiocarter; 01-20-2012 at 03:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael;

Kodak has nothing to do with the class! It will go. It will be a duplicate of the one you just took. Mark and I hope to have part II ready by Fall. We have to time out the lab work as the digestion takes 50 minutes and the sensitization takes another hour. Right now we feel that it may be a 4 day workshop.

Thanks for your comment on the class. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Oh, and Kodak ain't dead yet! Give them their last gasp try.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Michael, how are the big plates coming along?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin