Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,936   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Photo Palace on Kickstarter

This is probably the wrong area of the forums to post this, but I just came across this on Kickstarter. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus Anton Orlov and his business partner Ryan Kalem want to retrofit an old schoolbus to be a traveling workshop/darkroom. Very refreshing - they are not complaining about the state of traditional photography, they are doing something to help educate others and preserve this art.
    Last edited by Toffle; 12-04-2011 at 04:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Big thanks!

To Tom and anyone else who feels like sharing the info about this project with their friends or even feels compelled enough to throw a couple of bucks toward the dream - there are plenty of really nice 'rewards' for your pledges.

If the project does not reach 100% funding - WE GET NOTHING! :'( Sad, but true.

Thank You,
    Anton Orlov.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sounds very cool. I have tweeted it to the APUG homepage (which also goes to our twitter crowd)..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, now... that's just cool!! Hope they get their funding!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys rock!

I'm gonna get on tweeter come new year. We still have almost 2 months till the end of the funding campaign and I have a feeling in the end folks donate more (well, it's more of a HOPE than a feeling as that's all I can have)

All we really need is ONE BIG DONOR - c'mon, $15.000 is nothing for some people or organizations (and how cool would it be to have your art/photo organization get it's own educational satellite?!!) I'm dreaming big.

Meanwhile I'm very gracious for your guys' help and kind words. Really does make the difference.

P.S. To show how much weight I'm putting on this project... I'm quitting my job as a product photographer at a cheap-skag corporation, closing down my darkroom in San Diego (in which i enjoyed teaching and printing for the past year) and am braking a long-term relationship. Moving up to Santa Cruz to be working on the bus 100% of the time right when the campaign ends (if it goes through or not, I'm ready)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Sounds very cool. I have tweeted it to the APUG homepage (which also goes to our twitter crowd)..
    Sean - once again, you rock. I wonder if that's where we got our most recent donation from... Someone posted the link of Fbook and someone else saw it... In any case, I might humbly ask you to do that again sometime.... Maybe after the holidays when people found out what their bonuses really were.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, this project may not make it before the Kickstarter deadline, but I put in my small bit and think it at least deserves some renewed attention here on APUG with the deadline looming in just two days... I had seen this interesting analog photo bus project before, but forgotten about it a bit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Watch the video if you can!
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    OK, this project may not make it before the Kickstarter deadline, but I put in my small bit and think it at least deserves some renewed attention here on APUG with the deadline looming in just two days... I had seen this interesting analog photo bus project before, but forgotten about it a bit.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Watch the video if you can!
    Thanks, Marco. I really think this is a worthwhile project for APUG members to support.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    Thanks, Marco. I really think this is a worthwhile project for APUG members to support.
    Fully agree. It is always a difficult run with these kind of projects, but having seen the website about a similar successful French project of such a darkroom bus here on APUG ("Mobilabo"), I utterly support it's cause for a similar project in another country like the US.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffle View Post
    I put in my two cents.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin