Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,247   Online: 809

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah gathering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's it like in September, still too hot or by chance?

There was a teacher at Art Center, Vartikian I believe, sp, who kept saying "Chiaroscuro". She was very polished and fun to be in class with.

My next door neighbor just got back this morning from AZ and spent 7 hours at the SLC airport while they cleaned off a fuel spill from a runway. I spent 8 hours there in a snow storm several years back.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yardkat View Post
    Evilhomer? Do I know you from class at the art center?
    P.S. What's a kitchen pass?
    You do know me from class at the arts center. I couldn't take a class this semester because of work, but I'm looking forward to taking a class this summer.

Kitchen pass is as slang term we use around my office for permission from your wife. We use it mostly as a joke when we want to get together outside of work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cool! Yeah, you should come back. I'm the only person doing film and I feel all alone. Dan is taking the class again, but he hasn't been around as much this term, or perhaps he's just not there when I am, and is there when I'm gone, so I haven't seen him to pick his brain. He may do his darkroom class again this summer, last I heard he was still on the fence. Hope to see you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I took his darkroom class last year and it was great. He is very talented and he is very good at teaching techniques. I may have to take it again because I've been to busy to do any real work lately and I'm feeling pretty rusty in the darkroom.

I would encourage anyone doing darkroom work to take his class. For those interested here is a link to the slc art center Yardkat is talking about: http://www.slacphoto.net/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you folks want to come up to Park City, I will be teaching at the Kimball Arts Center again. I should have a calendar posted as soon as we get things finalized. I have darkroom processes, using the camera (More for those starting out, but could take anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of doing it right in camera.) And I may have a toning class as well.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would love to get together. Keep me informed and tell me if I can help with anything.

John Bates
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, North America, Third Rock From The Sun....
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't done a lot of photography lately not have I logged on here all that much either, would I be welcome?

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...

"Photography is an act of Life" - Maine 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages View Post
    I would love to get together. Keep me informed and tell me if I can help with anything.

John Bates

I'm new, but I'd love to be kept informed, too, if this happens. I'm in the Cache Valley and could travel a reasonable distance. John Bates, great quote!
    Jim
    'It matters little how much equipment we use; it matters much that we be masters of all we do use.' - Sam Abell

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian View Post
    I haven't done a lot of photography lately not have I logged on here all that much either, would I be welcome?

Brian

Well DUH! Why wouldn't you be?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in if there's food. If there's not food...I'll bring some.
    Michael Slade

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin