Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,238   Online: 887

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSL, anyone?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm in if I am free when you go. June will be busy. Have truck will travel.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Has anyone given this more thought and dates?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Has anyone given this more thought and dates?
    I'm down with either day. Did we decide to go the the jetty?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, let's do it next Saturday, June 7. I think the Jetty is the choice. Any suggestions for meeting times, and should we plan a meeting place?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The dirt road to The Spiral Jetty is just fine, even when wet and muddy. Good enough to have driven a nice Mercedes 300D and a newer Corvette on. Not all that smooth but any vehicle can make it just fine.

If you give the folks at Northern Utah Camera Club a hollar or email they might be interested as well. Most live in Ogden and points North and a number have been photographing around the North end of the lake for some years now.

glhurst56@msn.com
    BPar@digis.net

The two email addresses are for Gary Hurst and Barry Parsons, past & current officers of the camera club. Not a bad group at all and a number shoot LF gear. Speakers at their meetings in the past have included Robert Hall (on this board), Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee, Tillman Crane, Rodger Newbold, Craig Law and a number of other LF shooters of note.

Good luck on the outing. Great Salt Lake is a gold mine of photo opportunities for anyone with an ounce of creative vision.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, I spoke to you guys and I'm here! (*sob sob*).

A bunch of friends (non photographers) from SLC are going to the Sun Tunnels on the day *prior* to the solstice. I want to take some families out and want to miss all of the craziness that happens on the actual solstice. A day early won't be all that bad. So, we're going out on that Friday and spending the night at the tunnels and leaving Sat. mid-morning. Probably head down to Wendover then back to SLC.

The trip is open to anyone who would like to join us.

I'm busy next weekend, or I'd join you at the Jetty. Look in tomorrows SL Trib. There's going to be an article about my GSL project. You guys might find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WarEaglemtn View Post
    The dirt road to The Spiral Jetty is just fine, even when wet and muddy. Good enough to have driven a nice Mercedes 300D and a newer Corvette on. Not all that smooth but any vehicle can make it just fine.

If you give the folks at Northern Utah Camera Club a hollar or email they might be interested as well. Most live in Ogden and points North and a number have been photographing around the North end of the lake for some years now.

glhurst56@msn.com
    BPar@digis.net

The two email addresses are for Gary Hurst and Barry Parsons, past & current officers of the camera club. Not a bad group at all and a number shoot LF gear. Speakers at their meetings in the past have included Robert Hall (on this board), Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee, Tillman Crane, Rodger Newbold, Craig Law and a number of other LF shooters of note.

Good luck on the outing. Great Salt Lake is a gold mine of photo opportunities for anyone with an ounce of creative vision.
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Of course you did Michael, but that was a _paid_ announcement.

Hey, I have family coming up the 7th so I can't make it then. Someone take some nice images for me, k?
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe I'm going to be out of town for the solstice, too bad because it sounds like a fun outing. But if June 14 works better for people as far as the jetty goes, we can certainly switch the dates if people prefer. Either one is perfectly fine by me, so please speak up if you have a preference.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not entirely off topic but there is dearth of photogenic destinations here in N. Utah. Nearly ten years of being a resident of SLC and I am always searching for places to photograph in the northern half of the state and coming up empty or disappointed.

Of course, the southern half is rife with opportunities but I only get down there two or three times a year. Up north, the jetty, as mentioned, Antelope Island, GSL, Saltair, and...? I sometimes like to hit the library downtown for some architectural abstracts, Gardner Village, Red Butte Gardens and Thanksgiving Point, although they are getting pretty uptight about photographers.

What am I missing here in the SLC metropolitan area that would provide stimulating photo opportunities?

Searching for suggestions,

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Aspen View Post
    Not entirely off topic but there is dearth of photogenic destinations here in N. Utah.
    You, my friend, are mistaken. The things that are here to photograph may not be as flashy or sexy as those in the southern half of the state, but trust me there is plenty to shoot.

Get a map, get in your truck, fill the tank and start driving. Oh yeah, take plenty of water. It gets hot out there in the summer.

I was in Moab for 3 days this spring and was bored with the photography.
    Michael Slade

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin