Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,029   Online: 1162

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GSL, anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to report that yesterday we all had a wonderful time out at the Spiral Jetty. I should have planned more time there, but now I know what's there and we're hoping to make another trip sometime soon. Chris and I drove up and met Jay and Monte, who shared with us some other locations to shoot, showed us a beautiful (really beautiful) collection of prints, cyanotypes, salt prints, and tintypes, showed us their gorgeous cameras, their collodian process and their tintype process, AND took a tintype portrait of us, AND let us keep it, AND shared dinner with us, AND shared fresh garden greens and vegetables with us, AND showed us more hospitality than I ever would have expected from two strangers. It was a lovely day, and I'm so happy we went, and met Jay and Monte! Hopefully sometime I'll be able to get to the lab and print, and scan some shots from that day. I also hope that someday I can return their generous hospitality!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wow...should have joined you. Sounds like one of the more interesting trips to the jetty. How high was the water?
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So glad you had a good time. I hope I can avoid any pitfalls and make it next round.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The water was still pretty low, the jetty was completely visible. It was just a really great day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pics?
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The spiral jetty is totally worth the long drive, there is so much to photograph out there. I can't say anymore that what yardkat has said about Jay & Monte's hospitality, I never though someone I've never met to be so generous.

I'm going to try and scan the tin type tonight, and hopefully get some time to develop a couple of rolls. Once I get some prints made, I'll scan some and upload them. (Warning it may be some time.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it might be awhile for me as well, unfortunately. I don't have a film scanner, and right now not a lot of time to go print, but I will try to get down to the darkroom before I leave town next week.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just scanned and uploaded the tin type yardkat and I were talking about. http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=35413

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin