Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,029   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GSL, anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

GSL, anyone?

Evilhomer78 and I were discussing the possibility of getting together to go out shooting possibly around Great Salt Lake, probably one of the first two Saturdays in June. Anyone interested in making it an outing? I'm on hiatus in June and am looking forward to a break, and to getting out to shoot. I'm really interested in the lake, but honestly I don't know how to access it other than Antelope Island or Saltair. Anyway, if anyone is interested, let's get together!
    Julie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That sounds like a great idea.

I was thinking of the sun tubes on the solstice. The Jetti and other points on the north side are loads of fun as well.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I agree it sounds like a good idea. There's some great stuff around the Jetti and the north shore. I am in Malad, Idaho and two of us do mainly collodion, both wet and a lot of dry plates. Been wanting to hit the lake again. Would be interested.

J Truman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yay! Interested people!
    Any preference on which date? Either June 7 or 14? Or both?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The 14th I'm up at the logan summerfest thur through sat so maybe the 7th? Otherwise come up the canyon and say hi.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I could likely make either, but the 7th would be better for me too. Are we talking north shore area? I'd suggest the Jetti area.

J Truman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess I'll finally make a post here. I've always wanted to check out the spiral jetti and/or the sun tubes. I just have no idea of how to get to them. I've heard you should have a good 4x4 to get to the jetti. I've got a jeep wrangler but I can only haul myself and 1 other person with equipment, even though it has 4 seats.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Not hard to find either if you've been there. (lol)

I'm in favor of the north shore. The sun tubes are a ways off btw, and really should be done at sunrise or sunset on the solstice. (June 21 as an fyi)
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here's a couple of links to maps and directions to the Jetty. The road doesn't require four wheel driving, and a Wrangler would do fine getting there.

http://climb-utah.com/WM/Maps/spiraljetty.jpg
    http://www.spiraljetty.org/#visinfo
    http://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/in...black_rock.htm

Hope these help!

J Truman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you for the links! So a Subaru would do just fine, then?
    If anyone is interested, as we get closer to the date perhaps we could set up a carpool of some sort?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin