Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,024   Online: 688

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Canyonlands Horseshoe Canyon

If anyone is interested, we (my wife and myself) always go to Horseshoe Canyon on the President's Day weekend. This is winter camping and not for for the faint of heart but with a good fire and good company it's great fun (maybe some spirits included). If you're not familiar with it, it's a rare experience to photograph the Great Gallery (do a Google search) without any crowds. We also like to go to an area just north of Horseshoe for several arches and incredible views of the the Green River (Labyrinth). We also like to head to the Glen Canyon/Maze Area for Cleopatra's Chair (the Flint Trail is usually impassible) and a long hike to nice photographic views of the Maze, Island and Needles. We are always the first tracks out after the winter snows. This trip does require 4 wheel drive with extra clearance,extra fuel if you have a Jeep and the weather is usually unpredictable but who would have it any other way. PM me for details if you have any interest.

Barry

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Been down to the gallery with a 12x20. Can't really recommend that trip again, lol. I won't be able to make it but be safe and bring back some great images!

All the best,
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Been down to the gallery with a 12x20. Can't really recommend that trip again, lol.
    I bet you weren't laughing on the hike out of there. Man it was hard enough with the smaller cameras. You are a masochist to take a 12x20 down there.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    No, just foolish.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Contact me when you get back. I want to hear about the trails in the area.
    Have a safe trip.
    John
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The great gallery hike is amazing. I went in March a couple years back camping with friends. Fantastic trip, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I agree...it is amazing! We hope to hike farther up canyon this year for a change and maybe explore the Robber's Roost area. I'm still trying to get a grasp on Robert's ability to haul that "big" camera round trip!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin