Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,448   Online: 790

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Right now the forecast shows rain this weekend and all next week. Also I did some preliminary shots close to lone rock and found out the area over the lake is a flight path for 3 airports and 4 military airfields so I had streaks from airplanes everywhere. If the weather is good we will need to go farther west (salt flats?) or on the north side of the lake to avoid them or just shoot with the planes. If we get rained out does anyone have any other Ideas? Studio night, Pot luck dinner, Darkroom time?
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would say studio or pot luck in case of rain. The weather site I use (although accuracy is always a question) thinks it will be "mostly" clear Saturday night. I'm game for farther west but does the light in Wendover have an effect these days??? Too bad Robber's Roost is so far away! Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wendover will have a small effect but nothing close to what Salt Lake has if we go to lone rock. If the weather is bad we can use my house/studio in sandy for a pot luck and play in the studio. But if the weather is even close to good let's shoot for the startrails.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just found out that I have to go to one of the kid's birthday party this evening. Unfortunately, I won't be able to come. I thought the party was next week??? Sorry! Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    I will check the date for the dark of the moon for the next couple of months and maybe the wether will cooperate next time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slightly off thread...here's a star trail photograph I made in February.

There's a new astronomy center on the CalTech campus here in Pasadena, so I just put the two together ;-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nice image. Thanks for the post. I have been trying to get out on the dark of the moon for months but clouds and bad weather keep messing it up. Looks like you had good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin