Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,916   Online: 986

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zion NP closed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zion NP closed?

To Utah-nians,

I plan on going to Zion on April 22, will the park be accessible for visitors in light of the Fed shutdown?

TIA
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If not, go in anyways. It's public lands for godsake.

So sayeth my inner-Abbey
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Klainmeister has a good point. You could probably go in since it is public land, and you own it. I don't recall though if there is a gate on the entrance, just don't expect anyone to save you if you do anything stupid (not that you would).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know nothing about Zion National Park I've only seen pictures of it but I don't think it's as simple as that, if national parks in the U.S are anything like the ones in Britain they need staff to administer them, rangers to oversee them, and conservation officers to protect the wildlife and the land who all need to be paid.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    if national parks in the U.S are anything like the ones in Britain they need staff to administer them, rangers to oversee them, and conservation officers to protect the wildlife and the land who all need to be paid.
    I can't think of any British National Parks which close if there are no staff around.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I can't think of any British National Parks which close if there are no staff around.

Steve.
    I don't think we have got to that stage yet when they can't pay the staff Steve we've got that to look forward to when the recession bites deeper, the loonies we elected have already thought of selling off the forests.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    the loonies we elected have already thought of selling off the forests.

Luckily, that idea was abandonned!

U.K. National parks are huge areas with lots of public footpaths running through them. It would be impossible to close them without building hundreds of miles of high fences and changing the law on rights to roam.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a possibility the government will baracade the roads leading into the parks.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The reason they are administered Steve is to ensure that these areas of outstanding beauty are protected from being ruined by being over visited and having wildlife and their habitats destroyed, and the landscapes that the public come to see are not covered with camp sites, cars and litter etc..
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The gov't shut down?
    Hmmmm, never even noticed....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin