Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,565   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Sad testament to the collapse of mass market demand for film. Costco stores around Toronto killed film processing almost 3 years ago. Although Fuji.ca seems bent on yanking processors out of their mini-lab customers' Frontier lines, 35mm processing seems to be down a trickle at the Frontier-equipped lab I use.
    The Walmart I use does at least a few films everyday ( I ask if they've had any in today when I drop mine) They just put their develop only price from $3 to $5 CDN. I'll be ordering a C-41 kit from B&H very soon. I do all my own B&W, but have never done C41, so cheap to have it done - till recently.
    Jeff

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    The Walmart I use does at least a few films everyday ( I ask if they've had any in today when I drop mine) They just put their develop only price from $3 to $5 CDN. I'll be ordering a C-41 kit from B&H very soon. I do all my own B&W, but have never done C41, so cheap to have it done - till recently.
    Jeff
    Yup. Loblaws is pretty much done with film, too. There's one left in Mississauga that will actually process 120 C-41. Their 35mm dev/print is so-so but getting pricier. They keep muttering that it may be gone later this year. My local Costco was actually quite good for the money.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Last time I got anything done at target the kid behind the counter signed me up for 8x10s of every negative without me knowing, flat refused to pay the $90 dollars they were charging, they threw it away right in front of me. The best a manager could give me was "sorry".

I realize what "XXXX is phasing out C41" means for the greater good but if my experience is any indication then Target was doing more to hurt the film industry anyways.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear about Target, I wonder how many are going this route.

Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin