Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,651   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 858

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Target Phasing Out C-41 Machines

Just a heads up, I was speaking to the person that runs the photo processor at Target in Crystal. MN and she told me that they will be getting rid of their C-41 machines by mid April. She specifically mentioned the Crystal and Brooklyn Park locations, but made it sound like all of the Targets will be losing they're C-41 processing this spring. Kind of sad, as it was possible to get a roll "develop only" for under $2.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Happened here a long time ago

Shooter
    35mm
    Targets in Peoria and Springfield, Illinois haven't had C-41 machines for a while. Wal-Mart has largely phased their in-house C-41 processing out as well - there's one store in Springfield that still has it I think. I do E-6 more than C-41 so this doesn't affect me much. C-41 is still widely available here at Walgreens and CVS pharmacies though.

Wal-Mart's and Meijer's (a great lakes regional superstore chain kind of like Wal-Mart) C-41 send-out service doesn't do dev-only, you get prints, but can have them back in 3-6 days (fuji pickup in this area is currently Tuesday & Friday mornings). For E-6 add 7 days onto that. Slides come back mounted in cardboard mounts.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At the rate the developers are phasing out and making developing harder to have done commericially, it will certainly affect the decision to stay in business for the color film manufactures unless they come up to bat and start either offering an in-house mail service or starts to think of something like master contracts with the likes of Wal-Marts, etc. to support the development business either in each store at a location within the company to process their regions with quick turnarounds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wait for it ....................
    Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

- Anton Chigurh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is indeed sad news, as I could get dev-only for 99¢ at my Target.

Luckily, for anyone who's willing to mail their film there's no shortage of labs that do high-quality mail-order processing with quick turnaround and reasonable rates.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    Happened here a long time ago
    ditto. Same at Walmart and most drug stores.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sad testament to the collapse of mass market demand for film. Costco stores around Toronto killed film processing almost 3 years ago. Although Fuji.ca seems bent on yanking processors out of their mini-lab customers' Frontier lines, 35mm processing seems to be down a trickle at the Frontier-equipped lab I use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Sad testament to the collapse of mass market demand for film. Costco stores around Toronto killed film processing almost 3 years ago. Although Fuji.ca seems bent on yanking processors out of their mini-lab customers' Frontier lines, 35mm processing seems to be down a trickle at the Frontier-equipped lab I use.
    ... and there you go!
    Let me ask you something. If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

- Anton Chigurh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dinesh, that was an hour and 15 minutes from BrianL's post and an hour and 8 minutes from your post. The length of the wait time is diminishing at an accelerated rate. Soon it will happen before the post!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin