Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,134   Online: 755

Shooter
    35mm

MF at Como Park Conservatory

I just wanted to let everyone know that Medium Format is alive and well in the Twin Cities. I was at the Como Park Conservatory (Orchid show) this last weekend. I saw a very unusual medium format camera amid the dozens of digital cameras (it made me wish I had brought my Hasselblad!). I'm not sure what the camera was. An AGFA maybe? It was small for MF and was press style; that is it had the fold-out bellows. It was beautifully made! The fellow had a nice collection of filters and was taking his time with every shot. he said it was German made and took 120 film. I, for the life of me, cannot recall the name of the camera. It wasn't anything I'd ever heard of before.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Was it an Agfa Isolette?

I was unaware of this camera fairly recently...but I love using it...
    a medium format camera that fits into your jacket pocket....
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    35mm

not sure

I'm not sure what it was. I didn't get the chance to look closely at it, but it did look at least similar to an Agfa Isolette.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David J View Post
    I'm not sure what it was. I didn't get the chance to look closely at it, but it did look at least similar to an Agfa Isolette.
    There are a few of us up here shooting Isolettes in the Cities. When Custom Camera (RIP) CLA'd my Isolette III, they mentioned that they'd done work on a good number of them recently.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin