Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,596   Online: 870

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I have a list of 5 folks so far. My friend George who is local to St. Cloud, Thomas, Mattk, zenrhino, and myself. If anyone else is up for it, please let us know on this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will have a meeting point later this week. I missed my local frined who is out on vacation until Friday. I will have another update at the weekend to give meet up details. I do have to get a vote on a time to meet. Do you want to get there for sunrise? Or is a little later okay?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The earlier the better, but I'm reasonable. I can leave anywhere between 5am to whenever. It probably takes an hour or so to drive from my house.
    - Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, the plan is as follows. I'll meet Thomas at 5am, and drive to St. Cloud. meet at the IHOP on hwy 23.

Directions are as follows:- I94 West to Hwy 15 exit. Go North. At the first stop light take a left (North) on Hwy 23 IHOP is 6 blocks on right hand side. Then we can make the call as to who needs breakfast etc. I'll be driving a green metallic Rav4. You won't miss Thomas who is very tall. Also my friend George is probably as tall as him!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds really good to me. I'm very much looking forward to it. Due to personal and working commitments, I haven't had an opportunity to completely focus on photography for a whole day since 2004. Even if I don't get a single shot worth printing, I'll still be happy about it!
    Andrew is a really nice guy, and I'm looking forward to meeting some more people interested in film photography.
    I was thinking that we should have some sort of deadline to when the latest time should be before we head out to Quarry park so we can get there before the full daylight hits.
    - Thomas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looking forward to it--see you all at the IHOP.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, latest update. I will pick up Thomas at 4:45am. Get to St. Cloud for around 6am. We will go into IHOP, eat, and be on our way no later than 06:30am so we get some decent light. I am not sure on the weather either, but I figured we go rain or shine, as you never know when it will break if its bad. After the visit to Quarry Park, we can also venture East towards Princeton as there is the Rum River, and some nice farm homesteads around that area. We will certainly have some options is what I am getting at. It's your choice for lunch, either brown bag it or we can eat out.

So far I have Thomas confirmed, George (my friend) confirmed, MattK confirmed. I pinged Zenrhino to see if they are still going. Will follow up on that.

Without stating the bleeding obvious, bring your camera(s), plenty of film, and batteries (if required), be prepared for bad weather, maybe some sunscreen, water, and your creativity! See you Sunday morning!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a great time at St. Cloud today. It was good to put names to the faces, and I personally look forward to more opportunities like this. The impromptu stop at the gardens really helped make us work hard for some images. Then the Quarry itself. Very interesting place, and hopefully some good prints will come out of it. I've already souped 5 out of my 7 rolls, and I have about 10 sheets of 4x5 to develop. Make that 9 after the darkslide fiasco!! Hopefully, I may be able to print some of them later this week. Maybe next time round, more folks can make it??? It did seem that a North Shore trip this fall would be an interesting weekend trip/escape for some of us, and needs some planning. SO lets start checking calendars, and let's see if we can schedule this..... Thanks again for a fun day today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew, I feel the same way. It was fun to get to know some new people, and to just forget about every day things and completely indulge in what I love so much. Besides that it was a nice social event.
    I only got four rolls exposed, I suppose since I can get 15 exposures to a roll, and you twelve, I wasn't that far behind... I have them developed, all in semi-stand, and both the Tri-X from the gardens and the FP4 from the park look normal. I think I have four or five prints to make from those rolls, which is about my normal hit rate. You never can tell until it's on paper, though...
    As soon as I've got some printed, I'll post some shots here.
    - Thomas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin