Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,517   Online: 849

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a sizable group wanting to attend. Brilliant! Should we attempt setting a date or two to keep this ball rolling so we can get it in our calendars?

I'm going back to school 8/27 so for my part I would propose the weekend of Fri 8/31 or Fri 9/7. If you guys would like to arrange something later I'll make it work somehow, but this is my preference.

- Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, 1st date for a calendar check is Friday 09/07. That's the drive up date. Leave work early, get there late afternoon, set up camp, B&B, hotel etc. Maybe photos that evening? Food, either grill, or eat out.

I'm thinking the best all round area to stay would be Two Harbors. Its not far to Split Rock Lighthouse, Tettegouche state park, Gooseberry Falls, etc. Lots of options.

So far the roll call for interest in the trip is:-

gminerich
    Thomas Bertilsson
    unoluu
    mattk
    athyphenethylamine
    billschwab
    sjixxxy
    myself

I will be camping, using a pop-up camper. It will sleep 3 full grown adults, 4 at a pinch. I am thinking about the site called 'Wagonwheel' It's right on the lake, and some sites are right next to the shore. There are B&B's near by, and I believe that the old Two Harbors Lighthouse is available to stay in too! I stayed there a few years back.

So lets look at calendars and schedules to see if this will work?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd defintely be interested although the 7th wouldn't work for me. The North Shore is my normal haunt www.davideisenlord.com/Edges/edges.html. You would have to allow a digital heretic among you however. Bill Schwab can vouch for my character other than the digital bit!
    Last edited by deisenlord; 06-19-2007 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    deisenlord. You are more than welcome to join us. We are still working on Friday September 7th as the drive up day though. Is it just that day you cannot make, or is the entire weekend out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is the start of the school semester for me, but I would like to join you folks (if you don't mind a rank amateur among you). I have burned a lot of film along that part of shoreline, and it is never the same.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick, you are more than welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

This list is growing. So far we now have these folks interested:-

gminerich
    Thomas Bertilsson
    unoluu

mattk (tentative pending work schedule)
    athyphenethylamine
    billschwab
    (tentative)
    sjixxxy
    myself
    deisenlord
    (tentative)
    ricksplace

We are still aiming to be up there on Friday September 7th. Can I get some idea on whether this date works for the majority or not? I know that Deisenlord said he cannot make the 7th, but not sure if that means the whole weekend is out for him or not.

MattK pending work flight schedules.

Billschwab (interested, but not confirmed)

Lets nail this down and start making reservations at campgrounds/ hotels etc.
    Thomas, George are reserved for the camper along with myself. Being that they are likely the tallest and largest amongst us. There is not going to be anymore room in there for anyone else.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Andrew, I have a family get together that week out of state. If I can't make this trip maybe another, I'd love to meet the minnesota apug members. Just got back from Bill Schwab's gathering in Michigan. Was really great.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Although I've lived in Michigan for the last 24 years, I'm still really a Minnesotan, and I'm very interested in this trip. Put me down as tentative - it depends on whether I can escape from work on that Friday, which I won't know for a while yet. The weekend of Sept. 7 is fine with me at this point.

-Mark Severson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    markos, thanks for showing interest in this. Our list is growing significantly, and the more the merrier. I am still waiting for confirmation from a few people on whether the 7th will work or not. Either way, a date needs to be set whether people can make it or not so that campground, hotel, or B&B reservations can be made.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    9/7 works for me. i will probably tent it as well.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin