Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,667   Posts: 1,481,714   Online: 792

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am with Ike in that if I can't make it for this one, I would very much like to make another. I am tentatively available for this date, but am still awaiting scheduling from a contractor doing some work for me in N. Michigan. If I am up at that time I will do my best to swing over to the North Shore.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to make this work if I can rearrange some work issues right then.... You don't want to drive past the Palisades if you're in the area as it's not well marked.

http://northshoreimages.com/images/1024/phead2_1024.jpg

My only decent tent is a very large 5 room (kind of 3-ring circus size) that can help house people/gear, etc.
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I called Wagon Wheel campground today. They have an answer machine stating they are booked for the whole season, and are not taking anymore reservations at this time. Then I tried Big Blaze, and their phone number appears to be out of service. So it maybe that we have to go to a state park and camp if they have reservations. I was hoping to get really close to the water though. Anyway, if someone local to Duluth / Two Harbors could let me know of any prospective campgrounds that would help. I'll look more into it tomorrow and Friday. Anyway, so far our list is as follows:-

gminerich
    Thomas Bertilsson
    unoluu
    mattk (tentative pending work schedule)
    athyphenethylamine
    billschwab (tentative pending work opportunity in northern MI)
    sjixxxy
    myself
    ricksplace
    craigclu

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Anyway, if someone local to Duluth / Two Harbors could let me know of any prospective campgrounds that would help.
    I'll have four acres of lawn by September. That work?

Sound like you wnat to be somewhere midway up the shore though.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If I wasn't going to be 7 months pregnant, I may think about dragging Adam and going. We don't live that far away, but camping and 7 months pregnant don't go together.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A while back I scored two five gallon containers of Kodak Rapid Fix Concentrate that my college was throwing out. They have a little sulphur precipitate in them that I filter out with coffee filters. It is a little funky smelling, but it works like a charm. I will bring a five gallon containter with me to share with anyone who wants some, so bring some empty bottles and I'll fill them up (free). I called US border patrol yesterday and they told me I should not have any trouble bringing the container across the border.
    My brother wants to come too (He's a digishooter). He also has a fifth wheel trailer that we will be bringing. If you folks are looking for a campground, please make a reservation for me too. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the people I've met here on APUG.

Rick Jason
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sjixxxy, we may have to take you up on that idea. Do you know when you'll have the 4 acres? Would it be in time for the 7th? I've had no luck calling Big Blaze campground at all this week. Being a little ways up the shore would be nice though if for the only reason of being about a third to half way up, and most of the interesting places are close by. Although, the Congdon mansion might produce some interesting photos??? Closer to Duluth might be doable.

I'll try calling Big Blaze again next week, and some state parks around that area for reservations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    UPDATE, as I had not heard form anyone on venues to stay at. I researched this a bit more myself. I have managed to find a State Park at the Temperance River that has 14 sites available for Friday September 7th through Sunday September 9th. 7 sites are on the lower area, and 7 are on the upper area. There is a bridge over the river connecting the sites together. Some have electrical hookups and water. Most sites are within a few hundred feet of the lake. The cost for a hookup site is $22 plus $8 reservation fee. Non hookup sites are available for $18 plus $8 reservation fee. See this link for map details. http://www.superiortrails.com/temperance.html

This campground is roughly 80 miles north of Duluth, but is more central than Two Harbors allowing more flexibility to go further north towards Grand Marais, or south to Gooseberry, Tettegouche, Split Rock etc. Temperance River State Park phone number is (218) 663-7476 and the reservation line is at 1 (866) 857-2757

One other option is Lambs Resort. They are also in the town of Schroeder and have availability for 14 x water and electrical sites at $26.95 plus tax.
    and they have a bunch of tent sites without hookups for $23.60 plus tax. I have gone ahead and already booked a site at this campground as their sites are closer to the water (20 yards) than the state park. They can be reached at 218 663 7292. Here is their internet site URL:- http://lambsresort.com/ I have explained that there maybe more folks from our group registering. For reference, I am in Campsite E. Get your reservations in ASAP if you are committed to going and let me know when your reservation is set so I can get a list together. Sounds like this is really happening now, let's follow through and make for a great trip. Thanks!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew, thanks for taking time to do the reservations! I appreciate your efforts.
    Let's hope we get good attendance. I know how busy this area can be in the fall, and understandably so. It's so beautiful that time of the year!

I can only second Andrew's opinion to hurry up and make the reservations. They usually run out pretty fast.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will probably make reservations even if I have to skip the trip. Hopefully I am able to bid a schedule with that weekend off.

Matt

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin