Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,974   Posts: 1,523,593   Online: 918

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minnesota North Shore APUG Trip

Okay, the first MN APUG trip to St. Cloud was fun, and during that excursion there was some talk about arranging a trip up to the North Shore. Maybe for a weekend trip this time. Leave on Friday Afternoon, and return Sunday afternoon.

There should be plenty of opportunity for all sorts of photographic tastes.

We can camp, or B+B. My preference would be for camping as it's also part of the getting away experience.

Timing wise, I am thinking early to mid September. Crowds should have subsided as the kids are back in school, and camping is still doable as the weather should still be pleasant. We could also do it later still if you want to see fall color at its peak. Then the B+B's get booked up quickly so we need to determine a weekend soon. Please provide feedback, additional, or alternative venues if the North Shore is not to your taste. We have to get out and do something!!!! Other options might be Itasca State Park, or Boundary Waters....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I would be interested most likely and would prefer to camp. Northshore or Boundary waters would be wonderful! I have been wanting to get some pictures of the fire aftermath so may make it up there before then, but this sounds like a great group event...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm game. Due to my work, I don't know my schedule for the month of Sept. until the second or third week of Aug. Schedule it up and I will do the best to be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i am definitely game, but have a gallery opening the weekend of 9/15 in Whitewater, WI...count me in otherwise. Camping for sure.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andrew, I'm glad you took the initiative to start this ball rolling. I will make it happen one way or another. Since I am also a student, I will also be back in school by then, so from my perspective, early September would be the best.
    I would be excited to hike up and down the North Shore of Lake Superior. If we camp, it would also be nice to go down to the water at sunrise and sunset for some long exposures.
    I'm very excited about a weekend trip!
    - Thomas

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

MN North Shore Trip

Hi:

A couple of points you may want to consider about the North Shore:

At the end of September there will be a lot less bugs and the leaves will be starting to turn color. The nights will be cool.

Goose Berry Falls Campground - many sites and camper spots along Lake Superior. Lots of camper use in fall.
    Tettegouche Park - Lake Superior camping sites, rental cabins inland by lake or river.
    Temperance River - Camping by Lake Superior, many site with electricity.

George M.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks George. If I take the camper, the electrical hookup would be really nice to allow the fridge to keep the beers cold :-) and help power the furnace if it got too cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I might be in for this. It sounds great. Definitely interested.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We'd love to have you there Bill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    North Shore is my residence. I'm sure I could make it with minimal preperations.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin