Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,985   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deisenlord View Post
    fyi, I'm thinking of a week long trip
    My thoughts as well Ike. Count me in.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Guys:

The middle of February may be warmer then January and the will be a greater chance for hoarfrost along the rivers. The falls along the rivers might flow a little better as well. The downside is that its prime ski time and the motel rates will be higher.
    Regards,

George

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi:

My knee surgery didn't go well last week. It appears that I'll be getting a new knee the end of January so I not going to be able to make the Apug winter trip to the North Shore. Have a good time all.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to do this trip. In early '04, I went up to Ashland, WI with two other photog friends, hit the ice caves at the Apostle Islands and then went around Lake Superior (clockwise) as far as Grand Marais, MN. It was one of the best photo trips I've ever experienced,...except for the camera problems. I had a Nikon F4 and an FM and both failed. The F4 failed on the very first attempt at a photograph on that initial cold morning of our trip (-15 F) in Ashland. The FM seemed fine but it wasn't until I got my 13 rolls of slide film back that I realized it really wasn't. Save for perhaps 20 images, the rest of the film was blank. So I need to get back up there again. -Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm really very sorry to hear your surgery didn't go well. I really hope you'll be on your feet running around soon again so we can go shooting again.
    - Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by gminerich View Post
    Hi:

My knee surgery didn't go well last week. It appears that I'll be getting a new knee the end of January so I not going to be able to make the Apug winter trip to the North Shore. Have a good time all.

George
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

North Shore Trip

Bill Schwab and I have firmed up the details for our trip to the Minnesota North Shore of Lake Superior Feburary 16th-22nd. I've attached a PDF with an outline of the trip including where we will be staying. We would love to have some company, feel free to join up with us at any point. We plan on it being a "working" trip but it gets dark early so their will be time for a beer or two

Ike
    See attached
    Last edited by deisenlord; 03-01-2008 at 10:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like fun guys. Wish I could make it this time.
    I'll looking forward to seeing the results.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks awesome, Ike. I wish I had the vacation days and money to join you for all of it. I'll see if I can come up for a day or two and hang out.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would be great to meet up with anyone willing and able to join us. I am very much looking forward to this trip!

Bill

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    It would be great to meet up with anyone willing and able to join us. I am very much looking forward to this trip!

Bill
    Are you guys worried about having too many people tagging along? My neighbor and I travel together but we are geezers, I am 57 he is 67, we both photograph in 4x5 and 8x10. I had my knee replaced last Christmas, am getting up to speed and have been putting together new cold weather apparel so I can spend a long time in the elements. A North Shore trip has been in my sights for quite a while...Evan Clarke

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin