Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,622   Online: 683

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    As of this date, I am planning to be in Grand Marais through the weekend but will probably need to leave for home on Tuesday morning (orders to ship)

My cell phone is 612-910-4510. Reception is a bit spotty and by the way, if you are driving after dark slow down and watch for deer. I hit one in November - we both lost....

Look forward to meeting y'all!

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still on my original schedule of leaving on the morning of the 18th. If there is eventually a list of names and cell numbers to be passed out, I will happily add mine to the list, but only as a PM. These APUG posts go public on search engines like Google.

I'm really looking forward to my first vacation in a couple of years!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MN North Shore Winter Trip/Lunar Eclipse

On Wednesday night, February 20th at precisely 9:26 PM CST, there will be a total lunar eclipse that starts around 9 and ends around 11 PM. Hopefully, it'll be a clear night. It'll give us something to howl about that night while we're drinking our favorite beverages and/or viewing prints. Could be a nice photo op for some of us. Here's more info: http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list909860

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I had a blast meeting everyone at the winter MN Up Nort gathering. Although I was only there for Tuesday and Wednesday, I had lots of fun and burned through 12 rolls of film. I start souping film tonight and tomorrow. It was great to meet Evan, Bill, Ike, and Chu. I am envious of you guys being able to take photos of the lunar eclipse, I did get to see it from my front door step last though. Although, I bet I was much warmer than you guys :-) Thanks for all the help, advice, and of course the laughs we had. I'm glad I made the decision to drive up with the state my back is in and all that. This should be an annual event!

I also enjoyed seeing Ike's platinum work, and Evan, and Chu's work. They were stunning portfolios and just goes to show that hard work and effort pays off!... See you next year!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Andrew, good to see you made it home OK. We took a peek at the moon as it was eclipsing (80%) but the temp was -8 with a brisk wind. We stayed in Two Harbors over night and went out at dawn. The harbor was terrific, the moon was still up and a strong mist prevailed..good photos. Ike steered us to the Knife River and the situation there was spectacular, dramatic sky, great ice, great misty fog and Knife Island. We were whooping and hollering. Tonight we stay in Duluth, will probably just eat a little, drink a little and kick back before heading home tomorrow; the wind is ferocious. Zhu says hi and we both thank you for the kind words. It was great meeting you and seeing your prints in person. let us know how your back problem resolves itself..TTY..Evan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey All,

Ike just dropped me off at the Duluth airport and I am sitting here waiting for the flight and reflecting on the great time I had with you all. Thanks to Ike for putting this one together! I can't think of a better crew of people to hang and shoot with for a week. What a wonderful time I have had and I very much look forward to doing it again. Evan, Xhu, Andrew, Bruce and Ike.... spectacular work. So fine to finally see it all in the "flesh" and very sorry I was not able to pack a portfolio with me. Evan... I think a little of your gear collecting has rubbed off on me! Who knows what I can buy online in the 2 hours I have to kill here in the Airport! I've already gone to purchase the slide holders that Andrew turned me on to. Let's see.... what next! -Xhu... A real pleasure to meet you. Thank you for the up close perspective of China's cultural revolution. You're an amazing guy. You also have me very interested in one of those little Arcas!! And Bruce... I'll be looking at your packs for the future as well.

Hoping all of you had a safe drive home and that your film is all you hope for. Till next time... Stay warm!!! Hope to see you all again in the not too distant future!

Best, Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man, it just kills me I couldn't make this trip with you guys. But I'm glad everyone had a good time and I can't wait to see some of your images! Despite my (now) former-mechanic, the Jeep is in good shape and I'll be heading out there on March 4th for a week or so. Ike, I'll be sure to give you a call!

Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What a great trip, the Lake was in full glory for a couple of days, burrrrrr! Other than the great photography and learning a bunch, I laughed ALOT, and that alone was worth the trip. I'd hang with you guys anytime. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyones work. Given my deviant tendencies I'll post over on hybrid...

Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zhu! So sorrry to have misspelled your name!

And Marc... sorry to have missed you as well. Have a great time on the shore in March!

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, sounds like you fellers had a grand old time. Wish I could have been there... I cannot wait to see the results.
    - Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin