Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,112   Online: 1084

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joel, I didn't mean to imply that you can't come along or anything... It's just that most of the people attending I think will be shooting b&w. No exclusivity or anything (geez, re-reading my own post I almost come off as if there were, though. Sorry about that!)
    But you are right, the peak colors are probably not at that precise point in time.

The more the merrier...

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelTruckenbrod View Post
    Sorry for the confusion/misinterpretation of your objectives. I guess I just naturally associate the word "fall" with the changing of the leaves. Best of luck everyone! I'm sure it will be a blast.
    Yeah, I'm not going all that way north and not shooting some Velvia in 6x7. That's like going to Arthur Bryants BBQ and just having the fries!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a gentle nudge for folks thinking about attending this gathering. Here's who we have so far:-

Andrew Moxom
    Mgb74
    Zenrhino
    Eclarke
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Deisenlord

Dates are tentatively set for Thursday September 11th through Monday 15th... Only 4 months to go.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    September 4 months away... Hopefully it will be warm by then...
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pencil me in on this one guys. it's a busy year, but I can't wait to get back up there. Seeing Evan signed up makes it even more interesting! I just might bring the new wet plate trailer on this one if gas is still below 8 bucks a gallon.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Andy:

I'm in.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey George, I knew you were going, but thought you no longer came onto APUG anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see this one bumped in the order of things. Good reminder on a Friday morning when work looks insurmountable... Better to think about photography.
    I'm really glad to see that this many people are interested in coming. Last year we ended up being only three people in the fall gathering.

Andy, I'm glad that you're taking the initiative as I would find it hard to fit into my schedule to do. I'll help with anything I can, though.

- Thomas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Thomas, no problem with me doing the organizing....It's supposed to be fun! :-D It would be really cool to see Bill, Ike and others up here this year. Especially if Bill brings his his wet plate set up! I do have to ask about an itinerary and format of the trip. Last year we camped out at Schroeder MN. We stayed in one place, and I know that other gatherings move around somewhat. As some folks are camping, I'd like to keep the amount of moving to a minimum, but am not sure how that fits with everyone. This year, the original plan was to camp at the Temperance River State park as it's so central to other spots along the shore that are easily driveable to. So I'd like to get a concensus, does this suit everyone, or should we plan on moving camp to other areas a few times? Or do we stay put centrally and have a base to go to and from during our stay? I'm open to any ideas. I do not know who would plan on camping, and or staying in a hotel though, and I think the hotel/B+B stayers might have more flexibility than the campers. Either way, lets explore our options, and start to lock in a plan. To me, the camping is part of the adventure of going and taking pictures, but it's not that for all people. So please let me know what your preference is. Here is how we can do it. List whether you'd like to camp in one central place, Camp and move around, Hotel it and stay in one place, Hotel it and move around?

Andrew Moxom preference to camp centrally located at Temperence River State Park, and move camp if need be
    Mgb74 preference ??
    Zenrhino preference ??
    Eclarke preference ??
    Thomas Bertilsson preference ??
    Deisenlord preference ??
    George Minerich preference ??
    Bill Schwab preference ??

Thanks... I'm looking forward to it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camp in one central place. I find stuff to photograph anywhere. I could stay at the Temperance River alone for a whole week and wanting more. It would be nice to have some sort of reference point each night so we could get together and shoot the shit when the day comes to an end. Perhaps the campground would be nice, because we can build a fire and sit outside (weather dependent, of course).

So I vote for staying in one spot and moving around by car.

- Thomas

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin