Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,210   Online: 832

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Andy:

I just tried to book a camp site Temperance River State Park. The website would not let me. It appears that we can book on 6/2/8.

George
    Last edited by gminerich; 05-22-2008 at 11:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll do it in June...Thanks George
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Your Portfolio

Hi Andy:

I checked out your Portfolio. Very Cool! I like the way you grouped your photos and the flow to them. Very impressive.

Where did you shoot Trunk 1?

George

PS: If you look at the first colum of you Artist's Statement and concentrate on the spaces between the words they form an image that looks like an ant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, with Bill's gathering in June, and the Ohio gathering now scheduled for September. Is there still interest in the Northen MN gathering? I know Thomas piped up and mentioned to the Ohio group there would be some potential overlap. So I am curious who is still up for the Northern MN gathering?? I am still willing to organize this, and we will need to solidify this ASAP and book camp sites. Dates are Thursday September 11th through Monday 15th were our dates.

Here's who was initially signed up:-
    Andrew Moxom preference to camp centrally located at Temperence River State Park, and move camp if need be
    Mgb74 preference ??
    Zenrhino preference ??
    Eclarke preference preference to camp centrally at Temperance River State Park.
    Thomas Bertilsson preference to camp centrally at Temperance River State Park.
    Deisenlord preference to camp centrally located at Temperance River State Park.
    George Minerich preference to camp centrally at Temperance River State Park
    Bill Schwab preference No preference, will go with the flow.

I still need follow-up from zenrhino, and Mgb74

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Andy:

I'm still up for it. It looks like I will be out of action for a month this fall with plenty of time to print.
    George

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew, I'm still in..Thanks..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still interested. I don't know if schedule will permit but it certainly wouldn't permit traveling any distance beyond northern MN.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Andrew, I'm still in.
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, so I'm still coming down from Photostock 2008 at Bill's place, but it's time to really start planning the MN fall gathering. Dates are Thursday September 11th through Monday 15th. Thursday is the drive up day, meet and greet at Temperance River State Park. Monday is the break camp and drive home day. As fast as this year has already gone, September will be here sooner than we think. I have just made the reservation for my campsite already for the po-up and the trailer sites are booked pretty solid. So much so that I have to stagger the stay between 2 sites while we are there.

I am staying at site # 30E for the first two nights, then site # 29E for the last two nights. It looks a little way from the lake, but it really isn't. Also, for those camping in tents, the site I am in is close to some reservable tent sites. I have attached a map of the reservable sites. There are also some sites down in the lower campground for those that want to tent right on the lake which might be interesting for any wet platers wanting to attend! If you are serious about coming, you need to reserve you site NOW. I am not going to reserve sites for you, so you will need to do so ASAP and confirm on this thread that you are locked in at the park or have other accommodation arrangements. Access to the parks will require a State Park sticker or fee to be paid.

If the park sites fill up, there is Lamb's Resort camp ground in Schroeder where we stayed last year, and really close to Temperance River State Park. You have options with the state park regarding refunds if you are unable to make your trip at the last minute and all you will be out of is $8.50 reservation fee. you can make reservations at this URL:- https://www.stayatmnparks.com/ or you can call the reservation # directly at :- 1-866-85PARKS (1-866-857-2757) 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

As for an agenda of places to visit, I have some ideas, and would hope others chime in with theirs so that we lock it in for good. So here goes:-

Thursday 11th. Leave Twin Cities EARLY with Thomas and anyone driving up is more than welcome to join is for breakfast at Tobies in Hinckley at 7:00am? Much like last year we will stop at various places along scenic route highway 61 as we drive up depending on light and conditions. Last year we stopped at the fish hatchery a little way out of Duluth and burned some film on the lake shore. The plan would be to meet in the park at 2pm to set up camp, plan the evening shoot and be up and out photographing at 3pm as the light starts to get better, and generally get used to the surroundings. After sun down, we can either cook on the stove, or fire, or eat out based upon preferences. Our sites have grills so all we need is charcoal and any meat we want to cook! We'll have a fire and maybe a beer or 6.

Friday 12th. Get up at around 6:45am and I can start some coffee. The sun won't rise until about 7:30am, and we can explore temperance area with different light, and then adjourn for snack and or breakfast at around 10am or whenever. There is also the nearby Cross River (next to Lambs resort) which is beautiful in the early morning light. We spent close to half a day there last year. Lunch can be on the go or prepared at the campsite. For the afternoon, I propose going South to Gooseberry State Park which was not really accessible during our winter trip as the falls and steps were completely frozen. We can then stop at Split Rock on the return to camp site drive to catch the sunset and raking evening light. Eat, either cook, or eat out, fire, drink, bed.

Saturday 13th I just realized I will be 43 this day. Up before sunrise at 6:45am for coffee, hit the road and head south again towards Tettegouche State Park and explore that area for the morning. Within the park area is Palisades Head which cannot be missed! There are plenty of places here to find photo opportunities depending on how fit and strenuous you want to make it. I would suggest lunch on the fly somewhere, and then have an afternoon/evening where people do whatever they want, but meet back at camp for some more grilling, drinks and food and shooting if you so wish.

Sunday 14th. Up at 6:45am for coffee, head north towards Cascade River and explore area. Breakfast at around 10am. Continue shooting at areas of interest around here as we make our way back in the afternoon. Stop at any place along the way as people see fit. Back to camp, eat, drink, sleep.

Monday 15th, Up at 6:45am for coffee, Break Camp, and head south towards Silver Bay and Two Harbors stopping at areas of interest along the way. Later on in the day we could also stop at the Glensheen Mansion home of the Congdon family, and Duluth that has some interesting areas to look at. Part company, and look forward to winter gathering :-)

If anyone has some suggestions or alternate ways to break the time up, let me know, and I will put it all together into a word doc and distribute via email.

Can you please let me know when you have your tent site or accommodation reserved? Either in the park, Lambs resort, or whatever hotel. It will help planning the activities.

Thanks

Andy
    Attached Files

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Done, I have site 60 for two people..See you guys in September...Evan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin