Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,141   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

MINNESOTA APUG FALL GATHERING

Sorry for the caps, but I wanted to gauge interest earlier than last year when we had our first northern MN gathering. That said, we had a lot of interest last year but only a few takers who committed. I hope that with better planning and scheduling, we can get a lot better turn out.

I know many folks will be going to Bill's Northern Michigan gathering this summer, I am unable to attend unfortunately.... If we know what dates to work and plan around for, I am hopeful we can get good turn outs without impacting the other gatherings going on.

So this year for MN, I took into account folks wanting to go a little later in September. I was thinking about Thursday September 11th through Monday 15th. We will have a full moon on Monday 15th also so we could have potential for good night shots. Last year we went on September 7th, so we are only a week further out. Let's see if this works for everyone.

It's open to anyone, so let's start getting the dates confirmed, and scheduled, and figure out who's coming. I'm volunteering to organize this year again.

I figure on camping again in my trailer, and am not sure if others are camping, or hotelling it. Personally, the trailer was a blast last time, and I think that camping at Temperance River State park is the right answer. It's well kept, has power and water hookups, and is right in the middle of everything.

Thanks

Andy
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Sorry for the caps, but I wanted to gauge interest earlier than last year when we had our first northern MN gathering. That said, we had a lot of interest last year but only a few takers who committed. I hope that with better planning and scheduling, we can get a lot better turn out.

I know many folks will be going to Bill's Northern Michigan gathering this summer, I am unable to attend unfortunately.... If we know what dates to work and plan around for, I am hopeful we can get good turn outs without impacting the other gatherings going on.

So this year for MN, I took into account folks wanting to go a little later in September. I was thinking about Thursday September 11th through Monday 15th. We will have a full moon on Monday 15th also so we could have potential for good night shots. Last year we went on September 7th, so we are only a week further out. Let's see if this works for everyone.

It's open to anyone, so let's start getting the dates confirmed, and scheduled, and figure out who's coming. I'm volunteering to organize this year again.

I figure on camping again in my trailer, and am not sure if others are camping, or hotelling it. Personally, the trailer was a blast last time, and I think that camping at Temperance River State park is the right answer. It's well kept, has power and water hookups, and is right in the middle of everything.

Thanks

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    Now I'm hooked on this North Shore, count me in...Thanks...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll join you guys for at least a day or two. North shore in the fall? Not sure I could pass that up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fall outing? I read this and thought I fell asleep for 3-4 months!

Seriously, great idea to toss out dates early. I'm interested, depending on travel schedule, at least for the weekend. I would plan on camping, perhaps at one of the cart in sites.

Here's a link to park info if anyone wants: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_par...ver/index.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I wish I could make it, but I'll be tied up student teaching at the time...bleh.

Just a suggestion, but you probably will have better results late September rather than in the beginning. My experience has been that "peak" is generally later in the month; though, it will vary depending on rainfall, etc. Also, the maples seem to turn quicker than the many of the birch groves. So, if you plan on shooting from Oberg/Leveaux that might be a consideration.

Just for kicks Here's a couple from the last week of September '06, 4x5 on various fuji film:

Clearing Storm, Carlton Peak

Overhanging Autumnal Birch, Devil Track River

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm probably interested again, Andy. It was so much fun last year!

Joel, I think Andrew is thinking in terms of black & white photography, so the colors are of less consideration. For color work, I believe you're right.
    Nice photographs!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I certainly will try to make it if at all possible.
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, here is the list of attendees so far:-
    Andrew Moxom
    Mgb74
    Zenrhino
    Eclarke
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Deisenlord

It's only 5 months away now!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried to make it last year, and couldn't. This fall I will make it for sure. I can be there by Fri. evening.
    Temperance River sounds like a great idea.

Rick
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sorry for the confusion/misinterpretation of your objectives. I guess I just naturally associate the word "fall" with the changing of the leaves. Best of luck everyone! I'm sure it will be a blast.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin