Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,936   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You bet! We are getting too close to 115 degrees far too soon.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Minnesota supports Global warming!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saturday in Vancouver (BC) was sunny and warm (24C in Coquitlam). The entire neighbourhood was busy in gardens, cutting grass, and rejoicing in the fact that sun does still exist. It's amazing that a single day of sunshine and warmth (on a Saturday no less!) can make us forget the previous eight months of dreary grey skies, rain, and this year, snow. Life is great again!

Today, Sunday, it's raining, grey and dreary again. Spring in Vancouver happended yesterday, now we're looking forward to summer. I think this year, it's scheduled for a Tuesday in late July or early August. It must be a darkroom day...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Geeeee, I really get tired of sunny mid-80 degree weather...NOT!
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bad Weather!

Over in the UK it's totally erratic. This morning, bright sunshine. Then a train out of London to visit a friend's exhibition opening in a country village. We were worried because as soon as the train crossed the Thames, the heaven's opened and a big storm drenched the south of England. By the time we get there, it is a beautiful spring day. Later, a walk in the afternoon, but we turn back to the gallery when the sudden attack of hail stones actually start to hurt! An hour later, everyone is back in shirt sleeves and a few sunglasses are out. Martin Parr's first book was a black and white celebration of how crap our weather is. Hopefully this long link works:
    http://www.magnumphotos.com/Archive/...Album&SP=Album

Cheers
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most unusual. "What do you call the day after two days of rain in Vancouver"? "Monday".

Or, to describe the weather in northern British Columbia, "Eleven months of snow and one month of bad sledding".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    Saturday in Vancouver (BC) was sunny and warm (24C in Coquitlam). The entire neighbourhood was busy in gardens, cutting grass, and rejoicing in the fact that sun does still exist. It's amazing that a single day of sunshine and warmth (on a Saturday no less!) can make us forget the previous eight months of dreary grey skies, rain, and this year, snow. Life is great again!

Today, Sunday, it's raining, grey and dreary again. Spring in Vancouver happended yesterday, now we're looking forward to summer. I think this year, it's scheduled for a Tuesday in late July or early August. It must be a darkroom day...
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    35mm
    Myself, I think this is the best winter and spring we have had for at least ten years.
    Puts planting back a few weeks but I have no lover for eighty much less ninety degree weather.
    Bobby

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just got back from a month in the desert. You'd think late April would be safe, but I got home to snow and bitter winds. I was sick of it even before I left....

Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin