Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,155   Online: 791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Moving Back to Minnesota

Well, I have been wanting to say something for a while, but I was feeling a little unsure since there were still some things that needed to happen. But, I think I can now say it publicly, my wife and I are moving to Minnesota. For her it will be new, for me I am coming back after an almost 20 year absence.

We will be getting temporary housing for a month or two while we shop for a house. We are pretty much settled on southwest Minneapolis, somewhere in the vicinity of the lakes. If anyone has any ideas about temporary housing, let me know.

I am thinking trying to make the trip to the North Shore, but I have a feeling that things will be a bit to hectic in my life to be able to make it. I am looking forward to meeting some new neighbors from APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, let me be the first to congratulate you on your excellent choice!
    We certainly look forward to meeting you here 'up nort' - there can never be too many film shooters here, that's for sure!
    I'll see what I can do about temporary housing. I have a friend that's selling a home, and it's not going too well, perhaps they'll rent it out. I'll check into that for you.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    GOOD LUCK PAUL, IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU LAST YEAR IN DENVER.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Paul,
    Congrats and best wishes. My wife and I both came to California from Minnesota some thirty years ago. We often dream of moving back. Best of luck to you hope your pipes don't freeze!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back to MN. Let your wife know that it really never gets below 30deg here, we just spread rumors of cold weather to keep down the crowds.

We "emmigrated" from the Washington DC area 30 years ago and haven't regretted it. Lots of changes here in the past 20 years (like everywhere), but still a great place to live.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. We were able to get a contract on our house only a week from when it was listed, nearly at the full listing price, so we figure that someone or something is telling us that this is the right move. Thomas, I will PM you about our schedule so you can check with your friend. It sounds like it might be a good thing for both parties.

Oh, and Dave, it was nice to meet you as well. Perhaps we can visit again if you make from Vegas through Minnesota.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, things have been very interesting regarding the planned move. We are now on to our fourth contract to sell the house. It has been a very strange ride so far. I hear of folks going months without a contract, and we are on four in a little over a month. This latest one seems to be working well, the buyer had contract number two with us and his house sale fell through, and now he is back. If all goes as planned, and there really is no reason for us to expect that with all that has gone on , then we will be closing at about the end of September. Karen and I are both really looking forward to the move, it is coming back home for me and Karen tells me that it feels like that to her as well.

I hope everyone has fun on the trip next week, I look forward to joining in next time around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds like you're making progress... Bring your snow shovels, too! I live about 100 miles east of the Twin Cities, work for a St Paul company and my daughter lives in St Louis Park so I have reasons for being there quite often. Welcome to the neighborhood!
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry to be loosing you from Colorado Paul. Take care up north.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bring your snowshovel and your bike. Both will get plenty of usage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin