Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,129   Online: 1118

Shooter
    35mm

anyone from iowa in here by default

hi all i'm allen from fort dodge iowa bout half way between des moines and mason city any one else from iowa poping in here cuz it's the "closest" midwest group i'd like to see what other cornfed good ol' boys/girls from the tall corn state are apugers so maybe we can to some shootings together before winter hits and has us all trapped in our houses by 17foot snow drifts giving us little else to do but develope and print. speak up just cuz we are from i-oh-way we have nothing to be ashamed of I'm actualy hitting up
    Des Moines on monday to burn down some film for my birthday present to me with a couple other film shooters (and yes i'm going to demand they stop by here soon. well i'v rambled on enough for now feel free to chime in

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm from Cedar Rapids. When we're not flooded we have a nice town, but right now it pretty much stinks of river. There are 2-3 nice camera stores over here, as well as a great used-junk shop in Iowa city.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    well first off my sympathies to you guys over there i heard it was pretty bad it wasnt too bad here except for the fields (my dads a farmer) but i saw some stuff on the news and in the paper looked prety bad.
    sounds like you got some decent camera stores out there you guys have a portes dont you? i used to order from them all the time when i was the head photographer for my highschool year book in '94-'96 i still get most of my chems from em we dont have anything here any more our"camera store" if you wana call it that used to have everthing from film to paper to chemicals al beit a little over priced but good for an emergency now they have a small selection of 35mm color and t-max b&w and the t-max is like $5.60 a roll (glad i bulk roll) but no 120 so i have to order it from adorama so i can use my vigilant 620 of course then i have to trim and sand the spools to make it fit but its better than paying $10-$16 for re-rolled 620 from adorama good to see im not the only iowan shootin film there used to be a lot of us in fort dodge but now theres like a half dozen or so that i am aware of most have moved away or switched to digi. my highschool tore out its darkroom a few years ago witch is sad because i used to live in that room 3 out of 6 periods a day.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin