Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,604   Online: 804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Oddball DX coding stickers/Cassettes.

I have two rolls of Bulk film in my frideg which I would like to use up, some PanF and some oddball 200ISO stuff.

My Canon Film camera is designed to expect DX codeing and will Flash an Icon continualy telling me to set the ISO, even if I have already done so, SO it is at the very least Annoying to use plain cassettes.

I recently did a web search and found that Porters cameras had some stickers to label Cassettes but they seemed to be clearing them out, having only a few values I did not recognise. First CallPhotographic has simalr stickers, but they are not willing to ship them to Canada.

Is there another source for this sort of product, or alternativly, is there a place where I can get reloadable cassettes with 50 and 200 ISO codes. I am not confortable with trying to re-manufacture Crimped style cassettes.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will see if I save the url. A while ago someone posted where one can get the software to print DX labels.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you have any empty cassettes with the ISO value you're needing (non-reloadable), I've read of someone who simply cuts out the DX encoding strip and tapes it down to her reloadable cassette using double sided sticky tape. I looked at First Call Photographic as well, thinking they might be happy enough to send it to Australia and I could simply send them on to you...but for 84 pounds, sorry, can't help you there. You'd think they'd be nicer to their 'loyal' colonies, wouldn't you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be able to scrape the paint or paper off the cassette down to metal.

You can check your camera to see what type of sensors it has. Some cameras have two contacts for each metal patch, and check continuity at two places on the same patch. Other cameras use patch "G" as a 'ground' and check for continuity between that patch and whatever other may be exposed. You can read more about it here.

The easiest thing to do is to get some DX coded film and just copy the pattern by scraping with a knife.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    http://bythom.com/dxcodes.htm

There is also a link to a DX code java applet on the wikipedia page.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I will see if I save the url. A while ago someone posted where one can get the software to print DX labels.

Steve
    Found it! A website: http://www.imageaircraft.com.au/DXsim/

Shooter
    35mm
    So no one has seen either reloadable ISO 50 and 200 Cassettes or stick on labels for blank ones available to someone in Canada? I really don't want to try to make my own, and their is only a very small amount of room in the camera such that the existing cassettes are a snug fit.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    So no one has seen either reloadable ISO 50 and 200 Cassettes or stick on labels for blank ones available to someone in Canada? I really don't want to try to make my own, and their is only a very small amount of room in the camera such that the existing cassettes are a snug fit.
    Print them out and paste them on the film cassettes. I just printed one for ISO 50 36 Exp and ISO 200 36 Exp

Follow the links on Post #5 to find where you can purchase the foil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISO  50 36 exp.png   ISO 200 36 exp.png  
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 01-07-2012 at 08:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi again, Charles. Failing all of the other suggestions, would you happen to have a one hour lab anywhere near by? They'll generally hand over their empty cannisters intact to anyone who asks nicely. There may be an ISO 50 and 200 in amongst them which you can re-use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my Vista/IE9/Java6 I don't get the applet coming up. Any advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin