Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,266   Posts: 1,660,617   Online: 744

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Labyrinth Photographic Printing
    121 Roman Road, Bethnal Green, London E2 0QN
    020 8709 9961
    http://www.labyrinthphotographic.co.uk/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by labyrinth photo View Post
    Well, what I found encouraging was that not only the older and already famous photographers were still using film, but rather that some of the new and promising ones were too. It was also a statement on how much their work stands out (to me at least) because of it. Ironically in the sea of digital images analog photos look different and fresh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wonder why neither Kodak or Fuji have done an advert like this?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I don't think it is necessary to promote film use, as the quality and history speaks for its self.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    a Kodak Portra 160 NC-2 35mm drum scanned at 12.000 dpi:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/castors...n/photostream/

Impressive quality, colour and details! A good reason to shoot (Kodak) film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I don't think it is necessary to promote film use, as the quality and history speaks for its self.
    And promoting it means to make others aware, so they will listen.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    spotted in local (to Melb) large camera retailers advert in paper yesterday... a K (Pentax) mount SLR (Promaster) with 50/1.7... almost tempted to buy one just for the hell of it!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Really, I can't remember how many times people have asked me, "can you still get film for that?" are are utterly surprised when I say yes.

If people don't know it exists, they won't buy it, regardless of history and quality.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been scanning this thread, many ideas, but in the end this is nothing that can be done in any larger scale.

Most people act and react and take action based on completely other parameters. Inherency is one of them, unless you have a strong urge to belong to a specific group of any kind, a thing like this is not very likely to happen.

Take Hipsters, a group with values based on being retro in a hip way, doing the right retro things, such as shoot film, amongst the people who strongly identifies themselves with the values of this group, it's going to be very easy to sell the idea of film photography to those who have not yet already picked it up.

In general, the rest of the population values the pragma of digital shooting, not even thinking about film photography as an alternative since it's not filling any higher values in how and with what and who they identify themselves. Should you mention it to them you'd get "why? its expensive, I dont see what I shoot, and it takes time to get the pictures", there's zero in the concept that reaches the core values of their identity.

One of the only potential groups of people to reach out to would be people in a certain age group that grew up with it and who may have been shooting when they were younger, who now have the time and maybe the money to do it again, there you have the emotional connection again, and this is what makes the difference.

This applies to all kind of marketing for any products/services etc.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm brainwashing my kids. Whenever I take a picture of them, they ask me if they can see the image on the back of the camera (that some modern cameras can do), I always tell them I'm using a "real" camera. There's nothing like the real thing, right?
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin