Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,511   Online: 1059

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    HI,
    For RF part ( radio-frequency not rangefinder .. joking ) you can use :
    http://www.velleman.co.uk/contents/e...e_Control.html

K6707 receiver & K6706G transmitter ( 2 channels). in the past was a single channel transmitter but now i can't find it.

Shutter actuator can be car door actuator from central locking kit.
    You can use whole system actuator & RF from a car locking system. Bonus ... is 12 V rated.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Remote exposure control

I don’t know if this helps, but some years ago I wanted to take some long exposures at night and started building a camera set-up to do it. It got put on hold and I have never quite finished it, but the design could possibly be adapted for shorter exposures as well, but probably nothing too short. I took what I have built outside and made some quick pictures of it that I’ve tried to include in this post. Basically, I wanted a camera I could leave somewhere overnight, with not too much of a financial loss if it got nicked or destroyed in some way. So using an old nettar camera, an old cheap mechanical wind-up clock from a charity shop, a bit of cardboard and a couple of bits of wood, I built the following. After taking the innards out of the clock and removing the hands. The card with the slit in the circle is designed to uncover the lens and recover it again within a certain period of time (5 hours in this case). The centre of the cardboard circle is attached to the hour spindle of the clock. Through testing I determined that when the clock had stopped, if I wound it up for 2 X 360° turns of the winder, this particular clock would stop in 11 hours. With the camera set on T, the whole thing could be encased in plastic box (hole yet to be cut in box) and placed in position in the early evening. I could then pick it up the following morning. Seeing this post has made me get it out of a cupboard and may make me finish it and try it out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera box 5.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	465.5 KB 
ID:	89359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera box 4.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	521.5 KB 
ID:	89360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera box 3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	804.0 KB 
ID:	89361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera box 2_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	468.6 KB 
ID:	89362Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camera box 1_edited-1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	673.8 KB 
ID:	89363

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Using a wind-up mechanical clock for that is awesome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin