Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,668   Online: 1092

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's more, there are really no chemicals sold as Kodak that are all that unique. Ok, HC-110 is not exactly like anything else. It lasts for decades unopened and is relatively cheap so if that's important to you, buy some. T-Max RS is not available anywhere else as far as I'm aware but there are clones of T-Max and DD-X is said to be similar but, by some people, even better (I need to try that.) Otherwise, everything I can think of that's a Kodak chemical is made in identical or functionally comparable form by someone else. (See Freestyle's Legacy Pro brand, for one - I use their brown toner because they'll sell me an 8 oz bottle where Kodak, though they haven't discontinued it, wants to sell only a gallon for something like $300. It works the same, because it IS the same.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Keith,
    I haven't read it, so I shouldn't draw conclusions, but a book recently reviewed here is titled after a quote from your President; "That Should Have Been Us" (or perhaps us down here).

In Oz kids are forsaking science at school and R&D is almost a memory. I just believe that cleverness is being eroded for "Financial Services", Hospitality, Mining (here), Entertainment and other not clever vocations. I hope that I'm wrong. I hope as well that I don't appear to be singling out the USA.

You may find it ironic that our Federal Minister for Industry recently visited Detroit to offer subsidies to US car companies to continue to assemble vehicles in Australia.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin