Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,217   Online: 682

Shooter
    35mm

Warning: don't use Walmart for 8mm processing!

I always used Walmart for the 1 roll per year or so of 8mm film that I shoot. I just drop the can in the mailer, write "8mm color reversal film, process E-6" on the mailer. I place a white label on the can that says "Exposed 8mm color reversal film, process E-6". The can is, of course, taped up.

This has always worked, but the last roll I sent out was sent back in a bubble mailer with a sticker saying "we do not offer this transfer service". The bottom of the can was cut off (yes cut, I guess they couldn't bother to remove the blue tape) and missing, and my film was sitting in what was left of the can, wrapped on a different spool than the one I sent it in on. It was in a normal, non-lightproof bubble mailer. I assume it is ruined.

I am going to call them later and see if I can at least get a replacement roll of film.

Does anyone know where I can get 8mm processing?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I always used Walmart for the 1 roll per year or so of 8mm film that I shoot. I just drop the can in the mailer, write "8mm color reversal film, process E-6" on the mailer. I place a white label on the can that says "Exposed 8mm color reversal film, process E-6". The can is, of course, taped up.

This has always worked, but the last roll I sent out was sent back in a bubble mailer with a sticker saying "we do not offer this transfer service". The bottom of the can was cut off (yes cut, I guess they couldn't bother to remove the blue tape) and missing, and my film was sitting in what was left of the can, wrapped on a different spool than the one I sent it in on. It was in a normal, non-lightproof bubble mailer. I assume it is ruined.

I am going to call them later and see if I can at least get a replacement roll of film.

Does anyone know where I can get 8mm processing?
    Dwayne's:

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/newsite2...ktachrome.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    prep film svc in michigan
    yale film in burbank
    cine lab in newbedford mass

maybe dwaynes ?

good luck !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    with a name like bettersense.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    I always thought walmart sent the film to Dwaynes anyway.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Wal-Mart's film pickup is done by Fuji. If you try to buy Fuji E-6 mailers online, they have Dwayne's address on them. So it would make sense that Wal-Mart's E-6 is actually done by Dwayne's. Try sending your movie film directly to Dwayne's, I know they can handle it.

ME Super

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin