Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,770   Online: 808

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF

Alternative process books by Luis Nadeau

Hi all,

I recently ordered a number of Luis Nadeau's books directly from the man himself. I've been getting deeper into alternative processes (still a rookie, so all the information I can get helps) and have heard good things about Nadeau's books. After looking at Amazon and being shocked by the 2nd hand prices of his books I managed to come across his website and sent him an email. Four of his five books on alt processes are still available new directly from him (bromoil is sold out) for a very fair price. I have no connection with Nadeau (other than being a one time customer), but I thought I would pass the word along.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have bought his books directly from him also. He'll sign them if you wish.

The prices on Amazon for his books used is some type of scam as far as I can tell!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I have bought his books directly from him also. He'll sign them if you wish.

The prices on Amazon for his books used is some type of scam as far as I can tell!
    I don't think it is a scam...more like sellers being clueless as far as real world values are concerned (or they are just happy waiting for that one sucker that will overspend). I imagine it starts off as one seller posting a "pie in the sky" asking price and everybody else with the book figuring that they should be getting something similar. Unfortunately you see it all the time on amazon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Luis wrote me a while back to tell me that, according to one bookseller, he had died several years ago.

He assured me that he is quite alive.
    Last edited by Hexavalent; 02-07-2012 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's like my copy of The Painter's Secret Geometry. Worth many hundred dollars according to amazon.com.

Then again, maybe I should put it on eBay...

Another example of this is David Doubley's Dye-Transfer book selling on eBay for over $100. However, a week or two before I had talked to Mr. Doubley and he will sell it to you for $40!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    I don't think it is a scam..
    You are probably right, but if one had books to privately sell for $20, it seems like posting a price of $200 n Amazon might get one's sales up a little! (not saying that this is the case at all with Nadeau)
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin