Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,343   Online: 1008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reala in 35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reala in 35mm

We are always sad when were hear of a discontinued product, whether we use it or not. But the time that your favourite and most-used film is no longer available, that really hits you. So it is with 35mm Reala, I knew that there were supply issues with the 35mm version, but it was only today when I loaded up my last roll from the fridge and went to order more that I found it was no longer there. Gone. No-where. Sure I can still get it in 120, and will continue to use it. But I'll feel slightly moved when the last frame is gone and it's off to the lab with it. I felt that I was only really getting used to it. Oh well. Suggestions for a replacement anyone?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Holy crap, I just did the same. I shot a roll of Ektar 100 and Reala 100 to do a side by side test on which I like and sure enough, Reala is not available in 35mm. Whoooops. Dang it!
    K.S. Klain

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd try Superia 200. It's the closest to Reala's contrast and saturation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might try to go a little less saturated. It was a great film for british winter, gave everything a little more oomph. Perhaps I might try something a little more real (ironic given Reala's name).

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    I might try to go a little less saturated. It was a great film for british winter, gave everything a little more oomph. Perhaps I might try something a little more real (ironic given Reala's name).
    That's why I suggested Superia 200--a bit more saturation than Reala but not excessively so. Don't think 2012 is going to be a good year for 35mm C-41 materials. Demand just isn't there any more, especially for pro films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Holy crap, I just did the same. I shot a roll of Ektar 100 and Reala 100 to do a side by side test on which I like and sure enough, Reala is not available in 35mm. Whoooops. Dang it!
    I did that a while back and decided I liked Reala better. Not one of my more useful decisions.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mathers of Lancashire still have stock buy it up if you love it. I've stocked up enough to last two summers. My favourite colour film also. Very sad.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I switched to superia 400 and overexpose by 1 stop. I did the same comparison of Ektar and Reala. The colours and contrast of Reala are much better to my taste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it me or is the listing of Fuji neg films a complete dog's dinner? I've trawled a few UK supply sites trying to work out not just what is still available from old stock, but what seems to still being shipped to the UK (I don't use the words 'in production' because who knows about that! What I've found is this (I was trying to put it in a table, but it all went a bit wrong, so it's messy, I hope you can work it out)

Fuji 35mm 120

Pro 160c yes no
    Pro 160s yes yes
    Pro 160ns no yes
    Pro 400H yes yes
    Reala no yes
    Superia 200 yes no
    Superia 400 yes no
    Superia x-tra 400 no yes
    Superia x-tra 800 yes no
    Superia 1600 yes no

If anyone know's more, do let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It was announced more than six months ago that 135 Reala was going to be discontinued, Mathers of Lancashire still have it http://www.mathersoflancashire.co.uk...tCategoryID=57, if you really like this film I suggest you do what I did, Fill your freezer.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin